Introduce yourself

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Welcome to the site guys. Really appreciate your introducing yourselves to the community as well. I have a habit of tying usernames with avatars (*ahem*for those that don't yet have avatars*ahem*:cool:) and while I'm reading these intros, I'm sort of tying them with username/avatar.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like I'm a little late. Just wandered away from the football and basketball boards for the first time.

I'm an IE '07. Still live in Atlanta with season tix and try to make 2-3 away/championship/bowl games a year. Born and raised in Syracuse, NY where my dad had season tix to football and basketball. Naturally I'm a huge 'Cuse fan, and that includes lacrosse as well. I was in Syracuse during the high times of 'Cuse football with Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, etc. Despite being down for most of the last decade the last couple years have started to feel a little better. Regardless here's my warning that I am very defensive about 'Cuse bashing, so watch out! The good news is I am more seasoned in disliking Miami and VT than probably most folks on this board.

All that said I am a GT convert in football and won't hesitate putting on my GT gear on Oct 19. It'll be weird watching in person though especially with my parents and brother in town for the game wearing orange. As for basketball, I've been fortunate in that paths have not crossed in any games of significance. Saw GT at the Carrier Dome during winter break during the '02-'03 season when Carmelo and 'Cuse smoked Bosh and GT on the way to the national championship. I wore yellow to the Dome for what it's worth. Given the current state of GT and 'Cuse basketball I will absolutely be torn this year and will likely pull for whoever the game means more to (i.e., probably 'Cuse more years than not).

Still working on that avatar but it will be GT all the way!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Looks like I'm a little late. Just wandered away from the football and basketball boards for the first time.

I'm an IE '07. Still live in Atlanta with season tix and try to make 2-3 away/championship/bowl games a year. Born and raised in Syracuse, NY where my dad had season tix to football and basketball. Naturally I'm a huge 'Cuse fan, and that includes lacrosse as well. I was in Syracuse during the high times of 'Cuse football with Donovan McNabb, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, etc. Despite being down for most of the last decade the last couple years have started to feel a little better. Regardless here's my warning that I am very defensive about 'Cuse bashing, so watch out! The good news is I am more seasoned in disliking Miami and VT than probably most folks on this board.

All that said I am a GT convert in football and won't hesitate putting on my GT gear on Oct 19. It'll be weird watching in person though especially with my parents and brother in town for the game wearing orange. As for basketball, I've been fortunate in that paths have not crossed in any games of significance. Saw GT at the Carrier Dome during winter break during the '02-'03 season when Carmelo and 'Cuse smoked Bosh and GT on the way to the national championship. I wore yellow to the Dome for what it's worth. Given the current state of GT and 'Cuse basketball I will absolutely be torn this year and will likely pull for whoever the game means more to (i.e., probably 'Cuse more years than not).

Still working on that avatar but it will be GT all the way!

interesting story.

So did you want Syracuse to join the ACC or no?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I wanted Syracuse to have stability, whether it was in the B1G or ACC. Now that they're in the ACC I am thrilled they are in the Atlantic so that there will only be a conflict of interest for me every 10-12 years. That's roughly how often they've teed off since I started following GT ('01 Kickoff Classic in NYC and '04 Champs Sports Bowl). Ironically I was hoping for GT to crush 'Cuse in '04 to put the final nail in head coach Paul Pasqualoni's tenure, and that led to the worst years in Syracuse football history immediately after.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I wanted Syracuse to have stability, whether it was in the B1G or ACC. Now that they're in the ACC I am thrilled they are in the Atlantic so that there will only be a conflict of interest for me every 10-12 years. That's roughly how often they've teed off since I started following GT ('01 Kickoff Classic in NYC and '04 Champs Sports Bowl). Ironically I was hoping for GT to crush 'Cuse in '04 to put the final nail in head coach Paul Pasqualoni's tenure, and that led to the worst years in Syracuse football history immediately after.

Makes sense.

04 was a great game for the Jackets...Calvin went nuts as usual. Good times.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
New to board.. I was recently introduced to this site by another GT fan. I follow most GT sports, but I'm a huge GT basketball fan and season ticket holder. My first taste of NCAA basketball was with Lethal Weapon 3, and I have been hooked since. I track high-school bball recruiting very closely and look forward to some good discussion here.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Welcome 'cuse and connell.

I do wish the basketball section will get a lot more activity once the bball season starts. connell, maybe you can help with reporting recruiting activity. :happy:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Thank you John.. I will add what I can and what I hear.. Between work and a newborn at home, I stay pretty busy, but I'm always up for discussion regarding one of my true passions which is GT basketball.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
New to board.. I was recently introduced to this site by another GT fan. I follow most GT sports, but I'm a huge GT basketball fan and season ticket holder. My first taste of NCAA basketball was with Lethal Weapon 3, and I have been hooked since. I track high-school bball recruiting very closely and look forward to some good discussion here.

Thanks a ton of joining! I respect your opinion and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
Also a little late to introduce myself. I'm Casey, 07' Business with Finance and Marketing Certificates. My step dad brainwashed me into becoming a die hard Tech fan at an early age (he's an ex-pat Canadian). I love all Tech sports and was able to realize a dream swimming for Tech during my time there. I love and hate all stereotypes of Tech haha. I work in financial services in the Atlanta area and regularly attend basketball and football games. I would go back and watch a couple meets but they change coaches so much why bother. I think this site is great. I've enjoyed browsing all topics. All of the posters are well informed and polite (unlike many other boards). Eric, you're great. Thanks so much for the site.

jdubjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
All of the posters are well informed and polite ...

Give it some time and our first inexplicable loss of the season. Everyone goes from bubble gum and sunshine in the preseason to making numerous threats of death and dismemberment to one another before the end of October.

Having said that, good job with the board, Eric. We'll see how I feel about it come 10/31 - if I haven't been banned by then.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
My step dad brainwashed me into becoming a die hard Tech fan
Doesn't sound like brainwashing to me... :) Welcome!
Give it some time and our first inexplicable loss of the season. Everyone goes from bubble gum and sunshine in the preseason to making numerous threats of death and dismemberment to one another before the end of October.
Things will definitely get a little more crazy once the games start but we have great mods in @Eric, @PowderSpringsJacket88, and @gtdrew so I'm confident that we can handle it.

(Right guys? :drowning:)

Don't forget that there is a "Report" link under every post. Don't hesitate to report posts. In fact, jdub, I think you can also report your own post. ;)

Last edited:

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thanks again everyone.

Hopefully the team will do well enough we won't have to worry about that hah.

gtdrew

Banned
This is the GT fan base we're talking about. We could go 12-0 and some people would be upset that Justin Thomas didn't get enough time, we came 250 tix short of our allotment at the Orange Bowl, or something to do with "Old Gold"....

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a Georgia Southern grad but a lifelong Tech fan. I'm 34 years old and teach and coach in Dalton, GA. I stumbled onto this site when looking for some Tech news and thought I'd join up. Looking forward to some good discussion this season.

I'm really hoping for a return to some good sound, aggressive defense at Tech!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm a Georgia Southern grad but a lifelong Tech fan. I'm 34 years old and teach and coach in Dalton, GA. I stumbled onto this site when looking for some Tech news and thought I'd join up. Looking forward to some good discussion this season.

I'm really hoping for a return to some good sound, aggressive defense at Tech!
Welcome! Hope Coach Monken and his players have a great season too!

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I guess it is better late than never on introductions.

I like to say I am a lifelong Tech fan, but that is really incorrect. I only became a Tech fan on January 1, 1952, at the age of 9, when Pepper trotted out on the field and nailed a 22 yard 4th quarter field goal to give Tech a 17 – 14 win over Baylor in the Orange Bowl. I was listening to the game with my Dad on the radio as this was before we owned a TV. At 9 I was a little guy and the "little guy" won the game for Tech. Instant fan.

Graduated from West Georgia, grad school at UT (the one in Tennessee) and sat in the UT student section yelling for the Jackets. Just before half time the UT students threw me out of the student section. They were good fans but slow to anger.

In order, I pull for Tech, UT, and “whoever is playing Notre Dame this week”. (Do you realize how hard it is to actually pull for Sou Cal? Gawd!)

This is the best Tech site ever, Good job guys.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Graduated from West Georgia, grad school at UT (the one in Tennessee) and sat in the UT student section yelling for the Jackets. Just before half time the UT students threw me out of the student section. They were good fans but slow to anger.

In order, I pull for Tech, UT, and “whoever is playing Notre Dame this week”. (Do you realize how hard it is to actually pull for Sou Cal? Gawd!)
Welcome and thanks for the intro. Can't believe you got kicked out of your own student section at UT for Tech. (y)