Introduce yourself

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
My name is Mike, sidewalk Tech basketball fan since Marbury. I don't care for college football and care even less for the Triple Option. However, I am infatuated with CBB recruiting and getting this program where I believe it should be.

Some say Im a pessimist, I prefer the term realist. Im going to love GT BB either way, but id really prefer us to be awesome.

So glad to have you and others on this board that follows basketball. Thanks for bring your knowledge and game here. I have read your post's and other members from other boards about basketball.

You guys are making this whole site ROCK from the top to the bottom in GT sports. MANY THANKS !

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Great to have you on board, sideways. All these years and I never really knew Sideways was hit by a car; I just thought he had distemper. Live and learn. Whatever, Sideways made up for it by attending classes.

I love your handle and Tech remembrances. Yep, Dodd (a.k.a. Ole Syrup Mouth, according to Frank,) used to say that he and Frank always went away happy after they played...Clemson got their money and Tech got their win.

I admire your dad...ten years my senior. Please extend my best wishes and may he always live ten years ahead of me. (y)

sideways fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello all, I just joined gtswarm because I kept seeing it pop up on twitter. I am currently a junoir in high school and play against a lot of the top GA basketball recruits. Thanks for allowing me to join this community, and THWg!
Welcome Chason: Just what this place needs some young blood to keep us old folks up to date with the latest slang, twitter, etc. Anyway, enjoy high school it is the best time of your life.

sideways fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Great to have you on board, sideways. All these years and I never really knew Sideways was hit by a car; I just thought he had distemper. Live and learn. Whatever, Sideways made up for it by attending classes.

I love your handle and Tech remembrances. Yep, Dodd (a.k.a. Ole Syrup Mouth, according to Frank,) used to say that he and Frank always went away happy after they played...Clemson got their money and Tech got their win.

I admire your dad...ten years my senior. Please extend my best wishes and may he always live ten years ahead of me. (y)
ESSOBEE: I talked to my dad tonight and he said to tell you that even though he was a war veteran and married at the time he was at Tech, it was the greatest time of his life. He also said to thank you for your kind words. As always: THWG.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Met Frank twice once in 59 and once in 65 and he was a trip as a speaker...I hear him now telling folks at our athletic banquet in Wadley to send their child to Clemson and he would get a good education.Big powerful man but so funny.....when he wanted to be.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
ESSOBEE: I talked to my dad tonight and he said to tell you that even though he was a war veteran and married at the time he was at Tech, it was the greatest time of his life. He also said to thank you for your kind words. As always: THWG.

As a war veteran, your dad is older than I had assumed. Makes me feel like a youngster at 76. :)

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Met Frank twice once in 59 and once in 65 and he was a trip as a speaker...I hear him now telling folks at our athletic banquet in Wadley to send their child to Clemson and he would get a good education.Big powerful man but so funny.....when he wanted to be.

Mack, I frequently watched his TV show on Channel 4 from Greenville, SC since I lived within viewing range. Frank was a trip, all right. But as you infer, he could be a bear on the field...as I discovered when I attended a practice session at Clemson.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, I frequently watched his TV show on Channel 4 from Greenville, SC since I lived within viewing range. Frank was a trip, all right. But as you infer, he could be a bear on the field...as I discovered when I attended a practice session at Clemson.
Yep he was a big un...........he was pretty tough dude no doubt and his 59 team with Harvey White was pretty good.Went to sugar bowl I think.Think ole Frank had a PHD in something but even if he didnt he was pretty smart at playing the media.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Name: Jake
School: Jacksonville State University Alumni c/o 2007
Fanhood: die-hard Tech fan (football season ticket holder 03-07)
First Tech gm attended: 03 Auburn
Last Tech gm attended: 13 Syracuse
Best Tech gm attended: 06 Maryland (MJ's goal line stand on 3rd and 4th down, BDS was ELECTRIC)
Favorite Jacket on the court: Is'mail Muhammad
Favorite Jacket on the field: Philip Wheeler (Paul Davis is next)
Favorite Jacket on the green: Matt Kuchar

And I'm getting married in a week, May 2nd, in Mexico!

Mil,
I have some connection to you in that I live near Jax St and my daughter went there(for a while-lol).Plus I have a brother in law living near Milwaukee.
Welcome aboard.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Dont no where to put this so I thpught id just throw it here. Is there anyway to edit your username? and if so, how?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I'm Neil, from Herndon, VA (DC suburbs).

Did my undergrad at Ole Miss.

I started following GT because, well, I love the option. First saw Johnson at Hawaii when he was the OC, and thought the offense was amazing. Have pretty much followed him everywhere he's gone since.

I harbor a slight hatred for you guys because I grew up in Virginia, and screw scott sisson:mad:

That said, I love watching you guys play, and following your team :)