Introduce yourself

Introduce yourselves

Hello, my name is Dr. Martin Van Nostrand, and I am a GT addict.

In reality, I'm an '08 ME grad and started attending games back in '98. I started out on the other board and there was a thread about why that board stinks these days. Someone mentioned that there was another board where the quality of discussion was much higher, so I decided to depart and head over here. Whoever said that was certainly correct. From what I've seen, the participation and quality of discussion and knowledge is far superior over here. I look forward to contributing.

I'm also a Braves nut and contribute as a writer to a sports site that has a dedicated Braves page.

THWG

Helluva Engineer

In reality, I'm an '08 ME grad and started attending games back in '98. I started out on the other board and there was a thread about why that board stinks these days. Someone mentioned that there was another board where the quality of discussion was much higher, so I decided to depart and head over here. Whoever said that was certainly correct. From what I've seen, the participation and quality of discussion and knowledge is far superior over here. I look forward to contributing.

I'm also a Braves nut and contribute as a writer to a sports site that has a dedicated Braves page.
Giddy up!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Welcome aboard!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Please come join us on here, under the “Pro Sports” category. We have some lively discussion on the Braves and could use your input during this pennant stretch.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm a 1982 grad, Chemical Engineering. A Tech fan all my life. I had two older cousins that graduated from Tech, who told me stories of stealing the 'T'.

I'm from Dallas, Ga, where Bobby Dodd moved to after retirement. I retired as Assistant Director at the Georgia Environmental Protection Division. Now I have my own environmental consulting business.

I am concerned about the direction the football program is going. I do NOT believe 8-4 is the best we can do.

RiseUpATL

Banned
New to the board. I’m a GT fan from childhood. Didn’t go to GT but went to baseball camp growing at GT. First football field I walked on was Grant field during camp. My dad decided we would be GT fans upon moving here from NY. He thought UGA fans were obnoxious with the barking. Said to me that life is too short to be reduced to barking. I agree.

Anyways, happy to join the board and discuss GT football, even though it isn’t much right now. I feel it will get better with certain changes. Not going to be specific there. Go Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm a 1982 grad, Chemical Engineering. A Tech fan all my life. I had two older cousins that graduated from Tech, who told me stories of stealing the 'T'.

I'm from Dallas, Ga, where Bobby Dodd moved to after retirement. I retired as Assistant Director at the Georgia Environmental Protection Division. Now I have my own environmental consulting business.

I am concerned about the direction the football program is going. I do NOT believe 8-4 is the best we can do.
Welcome aboard!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
New to the board. I’m a GT fan from childhood. Didn’t go to GT but went to baseball camp growing at GT. First football field I walked on was Grant field during camp. My dad decided we would be GT fans upon moving here from NY. He thought UGA fans were obnoxious with the barking. Said to me that life is too short to be reduced to barking. I agree.

Anyways, happy to join the board and discuss GT football, even though it isn’t much right now. I feel it will get better with certain changes. Not going to be specific there. Go Jackets!
Welcome aboard!

BuzzBy

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi all. 92 Aero Engineering Grad. I remember telling my parents in the 5th grade that I would be attending Tech, so we needed to start preparing for it. Longtime basketball fan that started with the Bruce Dalrymple and Mark Price. I've been to both Final Fours and the NIT final 2 years ago and will show up for the next championship game. I've seen a lot of good teams (Basketball, Football, and Baseball) and I hope that the current AD and coaching staff can get us back to that level of competitiveness.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hi all. 92 Aero Engineering Grad. I remember telling my parents in the 5th grade that I would be attending Tech, so we needed to start preparing for it. Longtime basketball fan that started with the Bruce Dalrymple and Mark Price. I've been to both Final Fours and the NIT final 2 years ago and will show up for the next championship game. I've seen a lot of good teams (Basketball, Football, and Baseball) and I hope that the current AD and coaching staff can get us back to that level of competitiveness.
Welcome aboard!

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey everyone. ‘94 BME grad here. Just found this site, posted a bit on a couple other sites, won’t mention any names. Been a GT fan since the 80’s growing up in South Georgia when it gave me secret pleasure to see UGA fans piss and moan when their team lost. And since I was interested in being an Engineer anyway, GT fit me like a glove.

Favorite game? I don’t remember most of them, but I was at a lot of them in the student section, smuggled flask and all (whiskey was clear). I did get in a fight my senior year in the stands with some frat kid. That might have been my favorite. I bet his punk *** won’t be shaking that finger in anyone else’s face ever again. He should have known better, that was a frustrating year for those that were around for it.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey everyone. ‘94 BME grad here. Just found this site, posted a bit on a couple other sites, won’t mention any names. Been a GT fan since the 80’s growing up in South Georgia when it gave me secret pleasure to see UGA fans piss and moan when their team lost. And since I was interested in being an Engineer anyway, GT fit me like a glove.

Favorite game? I don’t remember most of them, but I was at a lot of them in the student section, smuggled flask and all (whiskey was clear). I did get in a fight my senior year in the stands with some frat kid. That might have been my favorite. I bet his punk *** won’t be shaking that finger in anyone else’s face ever again. He should have known better, that was a frustrating year for those that were around for it.
Welcome aboard!

JacketMe2

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi Jackets! It's good to be at The Swarm!

BME, '72 - Mechanical Engineering back then. Carbon date me if you must.
Suffered through the Bud Carson years. Loved Rock Perdoni.
Now semi-retired - do some consulting.
Fav GT win was the kick and the pick vs. UGA followed by the FG return vs. FSU.
Anyone here remember Dean Dull?