Introduce yourself

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey; this is John Rafferty and I was one of the earliest members of the SWARM student cheering group. I joined as a freshman in 1997 and helped run it until I got out in 2002. Now I work for the Air Force in the Florida Panhandle and help run their Alumni Network. I am an avid collector of Georgia Tech historical and sports items. I also founded the Facebook Group "Georgia Tech Antique Collectors" and am on the Alumni Association Board of Trustees.
Welcome to the Swarm. You picked a great week to join! THWG!!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm Joy and I'm a ramblin', gamblin' hell of an accountant - '83 BSIM. My introduction to GT goes back to 1967 for the GT vs Notre Dame game my mother went to. She decided to put her daughter on the campus to cheer the brave and bold. I went on to yell "To Hell With Georgia" like my mother continues to do.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm Joy and I'm a ramblin', gamblin' hell of an accountant - '83 BSIM. My introduction to GT goes back to 1967 for the GT vs Notre Dame game my mother went to. She decided to put her daughter on the campus to cheer the brave and bold. I went on to yell "To Hell With Georgia" like my mother continues to do.

Glad to have you!

THWG.

Hunter513

Georgia Tech Fan
Glad to be in the Swarm. I live in NE Georgia (ugag country) which can be difficult at times. I am a retired teacher (30 years teaching graphic art and photography.) All my children and grand children live in this area. Two daughters and all grand daughters. One daughter married a Mutt . Went to the dark side of the force. The other one married a Auburn fan. Not quite as bad. Sooooooo its just me and my wife and we are die hard Georgia Tech Fans. Maybe I can save some of my grand children from the enemy. Oh, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Glad to be in the Swarm. I live in NE Georgia (ugag country) which can be difficult at times. I am a retired teacher (30 years teaching graphic art and photography.) All my children and grand children live in this area. Two daughters and all grand daughters. One daughter married a Mutt . Went to the dark side of the force. The other one married a Auburn fan. Not quite as bad. Sooooooo its just me and my wife and we are die hard Georgia Tech Fans. Maybe I can save some of my grand children from the enemy. Oh, and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.
Wow. House divided... three ways. I'm afraid to ask what the holiday family get-togethers are like for you.

Welcome!

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Welcome to the Swarm! And its alright. I live right in the middle of the cesspool

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My situation is not quite as bad as yours but Savannah is definitely more Ugha country than Jacket country. Go Jackets - Sting 'em!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Probably done this in wrong sequence but I am 66 yrs old ,tech fan for over sixty plus years,fan of Dodd and throwback unis.........retired BG with Air National Guard,retired juvenile probation officer, associate Magistrate for Jefferson County GA Small Claim Court,,conservative in actions and views and like to tell it like it is.Glad to be here.

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi GTSwarm!
2000 GT International Affairs grad.
Refugee from other board that seems to be offline now. See some of the folks who posted over there whose opinions I respected on here now.
Favorite game: October 17th 1998 GT 41 UVA 38 from which I have a piece of goal post that I cut up in the quad outside my dorm.

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello everyone. I am an ME class of 91. I have a wife and three kids, the oldest of which has applied to Tech. If she is accepted, she hopes to make the cheerleading squad.

I am an avid hunter (just not very good at it). I love watching and talking about sports. This seems like a really good board, so I am looking forward to the discussions about Tech sports. I was at the NC game in 1991, and I hope to see another one in my lifetime.

Owen

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everybody. I'm a current GT ME student, hopefully graduating by May 2015. Currently I'm cooping with GTRI, otherwise I'd be done a bit sooner. I wasn't a Tech fan until I started coming to school here, so my Tech experiences are limited. That said, the best game I've been to was probably the 2011 Clemson game. Go Jackets!

GT Nuke

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everyone. BSNRE c/o 2004. Used to hang out on GT Sports Talk. Yeah, I know, it was a bit toxic over there. But there were definitely a few good GT men over there before the implosion. I just discovered this blog, so here I am checking it out. Lets see whats going on with the Jackets!

Go Jackets! THWG!

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey everyone. BSNRE c/o 2004. Used to hang out on GT Sports Talk. Yeah, I know, it was a bit toxic over there. But there were definitely a few good GT men over there before the implosion. I just discovered this blog, so here I am checking it out. Lets see whats going on with the Jackets!

Go Jackets! THWG!
Welcome!

Beau Vinetti

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello fellow Tech fans. My name is Beau Vinetti and I am proud to be a sidewalk fan of The Yellow Jackets. I did not attend The Institute but I have a genuine dislike for the color red and anything associated with the school in Athens.
I am a huge supporter of PJ and have been since his days at Ga. Sou.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello fellow Tech fans. My name is Beau Vinetti and I am proud to be a sidewalk fan of The Yellow Jackets. I did not attend The Institute but I have a genuine dislike for the color red and anything associated with the school in Athens.
I am a huge supporter of PJ and have been since his days at Ga. Sou.
Welcome man!