Introduce yourself

TheGridironGeek

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm Kurt, a part-time football writer from Missouri. Over the years I've developed a soft spot for teams & schemes that are worthy but ridiculed or disqualified from hype and attention nationally, so for obvious reasons I have become a big supporter of Tech in recent years.

I also find the Flexbone to be the most aesthetically appealing of all offenses. Sometimes I wonder if those obsessed with the pro-style passing game realize just how generic and repetitive the throws and patterns are. Most NFL fans it seems would be happy if you had 32 quarterbacks throw at a moving apple crate 100 times with the winner of the competition awarded the Lombardi trophy. Option QB's are underrated for the amount of improvisation, brains and skill they are asked to bring every play.

Happy to see the Jackets enjoying a great year and looking forward to watching Justin Thomas for 2 more seasons after this one.

Buzz14

Georgia Tech Fan
My name is Kevin, a sidewalk fan and a Clayton State grad. Was really cool to see Clayton State play Tech in the bb scrimmage, never thought I would see that.

I have been following Ga Tech athletics since the 80's, so I have seen the highs and lows. Hopefully in a week and a half, we will be experiencing some highs again. While this season has been great, nothing compares to beating UGA. Nothing.

Thanks for a great message board, and THWG!

buzzybee248

Georgia Tech Fan
My name is Bryan, sidewalk fan, first post, but I enjoy the board very much so. SPSU 2000' & 2007' Grad.

Dad & Mom both work/ed for The Institute and have a combined 70 years between them. As of two years ago, I have now joined the family tradition and work for The Institute. My first Grant Field experience was not enjoyable as I was in the stands when Hershel & UGA run us over in 81', five years old at the time. The next experience was not much better, I was introduced again to another beating Auburn and Bo Jackson laid on us a year or two later at Grant Field. Dad literally turned the lights on in the stadium back then for the games, so he knew a few folks on the sidelines. Was up close and personal when Bo ran a TD into the north end-zone. Nonetheless, my affinity for all things GT grew and I became more and more attached as the years went on. Eventually, I was able to enjoy a win in the stands against somebody in 84', can't remember who off the top of my head. Have been to many more good and bad games since. Young family now, so its difficult to make all the games, but love it when I do.

This season has been great and I look forward to seeing how the chapter closes. We owe the Dawgs a loss and we definitely have a chance against FSU. GO JACKETS!

Nate Anderson

Jolly Good Fellow
I just joined the Swarm!!! I am a huge GT fan and I go to all the games… The best one was the miracle on fourth avenue by far (For me). On Instagram, I run the account called "@georgiatechathletics (Go follow! I post updates and edits!) THWG;)

My name is Nate Anderson and I am still a kid but I know a load of facts about Tech. I became a Tech fan because that is where my parents met. Joe Hamilton is my favorite player of all time.

Go check out my newest hype video on YouTube! Just type in "Georgia Tech 2014 Football Season Recap (Hype Video)." It has all of the best plays from every game. In fact, here is the link!
Go Jackets!

ponder6168

Georgia Tech Fan
The instructions say to introduce myself so here goes. I am actually a long time Missouri fan but have loved option football ever since the Oklahoma teams of the 70s. As long as Paul Johnson is your coach I will root for GT against anyone except Missouri. I signed up for the board to find out what the outlook was for next year.

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
The instructions say to introduce myself so here goes. I am actually a long time Missouri fan but have loved option football ever since the Oklahoma teams of the 70s. As long as Paul Johnson is your coach I will root for GT against anyone except Missouri. I signed up for the board to find out what the outlook was for next year.

The outlook is fantastic!

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer

A tip 'o the hat from this Tech fan for keeping the Dwags out of the SEC CG the last couple years. Much obliged. :)

worthco jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
You don't have to respond to this but I have always wondered why Missouri spells "Mizzou" on their jerseys and what not. Is it a tradition from long ago? Just asking.

ponder6168

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome. The outlook is pretty good, we have one of our better recruiting classes coming in.
That is good to hear. Just looking at your roster it looks like most of your line is back but you are losing your top running backs. Do you have people ready to replace them?

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
If you love option football, as I do, then Johnson's version of the option is simply beautiful to watch.
Anyhow, welcome aboard friend.

ponder6168

Georgia Tech Fan
What does the "N" stand for?
Not sure what "N" you are referring to. If you mean my picture, when ISIS began attacking Iraq and killing or driving out Christians a facebook post asked people to change their facebook picture to this to show solidarity with them. It means something (I forget exactly what) in Arabic.