Introduce yourself

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Congrats! Hopefully you’re employed and the gig covers therapy for the last five years!
Yep! I had a job lined up months before graduation. Co-Ops and Internships are the way to go. For anyone with kids in college or heading in, please STRONGLY SUGGEST, they do one. It’s almost a guaranteed job offer for them if they do decently

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Introduction - I'm a 2020 Mech E grad from Ma Tech and a current masters' student - call it Stockholm Syndrome. I'm an Alabama fan by birth (still am, since they're the only one that can beat those pesky dawgs) and that took precedent until my first game at Bobby Dodd in 2014 and I've been hooked since. I was a superfan my first two years at Tech as I was row 4 in front of Lance Austin returning the Miracle on Techwood and was excited to build on a decent team that won the 2016 Gator Bowl. The later Paul Johnson years and CGC really sucked the life out of me though. Key has brought me back in a big way. This year reminded me of the 2007 Alabama team in so many ways, from the inconsistency against bad teams to the potential we've seen in the big games, but most importantly in the optimism around the program I'm seeing for the future. I think big things are in store, and while that may not mean National Championships anymore, I do genuinely think in three years that means 9- and 10-win seasons, we can be ACC competitors and maybe make a run at the 12-team playoff.

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
GT Alumni, EE grad in 1991. Father and Older brother are GT EE as well...saw tons of games with my brother and never missed one while I was on campus.
Favorite game was Fog Bowl.
Attendance to Games got slack when my athletic sons started traveling for soccer on Saturdays and Sundays.
Older son graduated GT AE last year.
Younger son is off to college but not GT
So now I can make some games again.

gtbb

Georgia Tech Fan
Intro: Got out in 1989 with an IE degree. Best game I attended...Nothing better than wrapping up the National Championship by stomping Nebraska on 1/1/91. I also enjoyed the '89 COFH game and how we dominated in the 2nd half of that game. I also personally enjoyed the Gator Bowl in 2016. I used to have season tickets, but that went by the wayside as other life/family duties intervened, and then the pandemic hit. I did raise my son to be a Tech fan, but he went to another school for his own engineering degree. My daughter is in school, but again not Tech, as she's not a STEM type. Now that the pandemic is over, and Key has the program moving up, I plan to start attending more games.

brandonbenjamin

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi everyone. Atlanta suburbs are home for me. I JUST became a die hard Tech fan as my son accepted a PWO to play this coming season. He reported January 3. Lifetime football fan. Learning about the program. I like what I see from coach Key and what I hear from my son. Seems the culture change is real. Can't wait to watch the jackets next season. Sting Em!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hi everyone. Atlanta suburbs are home for me. I JUST became a die hard Tech fan as my son accepted a PWO to play this coming season. He reported January 3. Lifetime football fan. Learning about the program. I like what I see from coach Key and what I hear from my son. Seems the culture change is real. Can't wait to watch the jackets next season. Sting Em!
Love it!!
Welcome aboard 😀

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard. As you are a parent of a current player, I would like to point out in advance that, despite what you read and see posted on this board, GT is a tremendous academic school and your son will benefit from it throughout his entire life. And during FB season, bear in mind we have way more passion than we do any actual idea of the game played and coached at this level. If you keep these two things in mind always you will LOVE this site! ;)

brandonbenjamin

Georgia Tech Fan
Welcome aboard. As you are a parent of a current player, I would like to point out in advance that, despite what you read and see posted on this board, GT is a tremendous academic school and your son will benefit from it throughout his entire life. And during FB season, bear in mind we have way more passion than we do any actual idea of the game played and coached at this level. If you keep these two things in mind always you will LOVE this site! ;)
thanks for the welcome. i’ve been a football dad for 11 years, but i have been a football fan for 40. the folks here seem very respectful yet passionate as far as i can see.