Interesting thought for tomorrows game.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Could the GT of late in the season hang with South Carolina? South Carolina beat UGA and they aren’t a very good team, so it got me thinking about that question. By no means am I saying GT will win tomorrow, I just thought it was an interesting question.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
We’ll need to be +3 minimum in turnovers and at least one of those needs to give us points. I don’t see that happening. They should be able to run at will behind their huge Oline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Doesnt work like that. We looked much better against uva than vt yet uva beat vt. The problem comes down to matchups. Unfortunately any team that can punish our bad line play is going to be near impossible for us to beat. That's why VT was so ugly and uva was relatively competitive. I think uga is going to be much closer to the VT than uva for thatvreadon regardless of how we would have done against USC.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m confident we’ll have some success defensively early on. However, it won’t matter unless the offense finds a way to move the ball and stay on the field. If the offense spends the first half finding new ways to go three-and-out, then the defense will tire quickly and the second half will be rather ugly.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Doesnt work like that. We looked much better against uva than vt yet uva beat vt. The problem comes down to matchups. Unfortunately any team that can punish our bad line play is going to be near impossible for us to beat. That's why VT was so ugly and uva was relatively competitive. I think uga is going to be much closer to the VT than uva for thatvreadon regardless of how we would have done against USC.
Of course it doesn’t work like that, that’s just not how football works. I just thought it was interesting. I’ll also add that if we played VT again I don’t think they would beat us like that again.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
UGA has been getting way too much help from SEC refs lately. I think this one will be an ACC crew. Sec has really wanted two teams in the playoffs and is willing to cheat to let Georgia win.

I actually think we have a better chance than many think.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I want to beat UGA, then for them to beat LSU and still not make the playoffs. LSU or better yet Bama needs to make the playoffs with UGA winning an empty SEC championship. Pretty sure they were the last SEC champion to not make the BCS championship game. This is just to make the College football world burn, not because I actually want any of that except the first part.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
UGA has been getting way too much help from SEC refs lately. I think this one will be an ACC crew. Sec has really wanted two teams in the playoffs and is willing to cheat to let Georgia win.

I actually think we have a better chance than many think.
I think you just wrote that games are fixed. Or just SEC games? Or just SEC games involving playoff contenders? Or just ... I mean, that is one sinister view of sports.

slugboy

Staff member
I think you just wrote that games are fixed. Or just SEC games? Or just SEC games involving playoff contenders? Or just ... I mean, that is one sinister view of sports.

You’re possibly being sarcastic, but over the years the SEC has blatantly replaced refs who made calls against the SEC team in inter-conference games. You do that enough, and you get real home-cooking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A die hard Dog fan told me recently that their super tall and heavy O-line is not very good at run blocking. His standards could be very high, but maybe there is something to it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately we don't match up on either OL or DL against them. They will likely wear us down. Fourth quarter will be 2nd or 3rd string QB handing off to some backup RB. I am very disappointed in how this season has turned out. we have some great young men on our team but we are just over matched athletically at too many positions.