Interesting read...

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
That was a good read even with the small errors.

The part at the end with saying Jordan will learn some reciever I'm all for. His eligibility is ticking no matter what so may as well get him on the field and cross training to learn other parts of the offense. Ultimately it should help his quarterbacking.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Whoever was ****ting on Marcus Allen for moving around should read this:
“I just think Coach Johnson does a good job of knowing what fits players,” Golden said. “When he brings you in, he’ll give you a shot at what you want to play if he thinks it’s reasonable. If that’s working out for you, he’ll leave you there, but if it’s not working out for you, he puts you in position to get on the field as quick as you can. That’s a good job by Coach Johnson. He’s been doing it since I got here and for the players that came in after me. I feel that’s what he’s really good at.”

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Intrigued by that MJ info. We are so rock-solid with JT and TB right now, and JT next year, that we can afford to experiment with MJ a little. If CC comes in and impresses, or by some miracle JR recovers fully, we will have a dearth of talent at QB and I'm sure MJ will get on the field somehow.

tugdog235

Georgia Tech Fan
At 6'2, 200 lbs (listed) and quick, receiver could work out.

Maybe I'm just wary of ESPN writers, but that line near the top with Johnson's "well worn recruiting strategy" seemed like it was calling CPJ dishonest with recruits. I was under the impression that when we told a kid he could play QB, that we meant it or would say otherwise.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also Tech is getting way more ACC blog posts than usual.
Andrea Adelson visited GT last week, so the influx of pub is likely due to her stretching out the info she gathered. Kudos to her for getting good quotes and new info we haven't heard before.

Hope last season's results continues to generate interest from the national media.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
At 6'2, 200 lbs (listed) and quick, receiver could work out.

Maybe I'm just wary of ESPN writers, but that line near the top with Johnson's "well worn recruiting strategy" seemed like it was calling CPJ dishonest with recruits. I was under the impression that when we told a kid he could play QB, that we meant it or would say otherwise.

I think it is a "well worn recurring strategy" for just about all of college football. HS QB's are normally the best athletes on their teams, and it is quite typical everywhere to recruit the QB and then find a home for him once he is on campus (see Alabama and JeT). I di not read it as having to do with CPJ in particular.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Intrigued by that MJ info. We are so rock-solid with JT and TB right now, and JT next year, that we can afford to experiment with MJ a little. If CC comes in and impresses, or by some miracle JR recovers fully, we will have a dearth of talent at QB and I'm sure MJ will get on the field somehow.
**opposite of what you meant to say?**

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I think it is a "well worn recurring strategy" for just about all of college football. HS QB's are normally the best athletes on their teams, and it is quite typical everywhere to recruit the QB and then find a home for him once he is on campus (see Alabama and JeT). I di not read it as having to do with CPJ in particular.
I'm sure that is true, but 13 on the roster, three D starting D backs, one starting A back, and then of course the QB, is pretty remarkable.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
If MJ works hard and has some ability to play receiver he could see playing time since we don't have a true number 1. I wish another smelter would fall from the sky. He was like manna from heaven.