Interesting Read, Duke & UNC

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by OldJacketFan, Sep 14, 2013.

1. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

2. DTGT

DTGT Helluva Engineer

The **** does that mean? Force penalties? Either he's coaching his players to try to get chopped, turn sideways on a downfield cut, or persuade the refs to call **** they otherwise wouldn't... Bush league...

3. DTGT

DTGT Helluva Engineer

Censorship??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You are impinging on free speech.

4. poodleface

poodleface Ramblin' Wreck

Perhaps he was referring to drawing players offsides.

You know, you could have easily said "What does "force penalties" mean?" and "persuade the refs to call nonsense they otherwise wouldn't" without a change in what you are essentially saying. Personally, I prefer the lack of ****ty language here.

5. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

We might be naturally defensive about that comment due to opposing coaches' complaints about chop blocks and such. If it were any other team, and perhaps even with us, it's possible he meant the D has to be more aggressive than the O and draw holding penalties. That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about what I'd want our defense to be doing i.e., get to the QB or force a holding call.

6. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

your right to free speech is trumped by my right to enjoy at least one board without having to read someone else trying to express himself in an base manner. Practice communicating without profanity and you'll never embarrass yourself in polite company. Not trying to tell you what to do, but if you're bent on being profane, go post on another board.

Now, back to the thread...I didn't see any chop block penalties or illegal cut blocks (not 10-2) called yesterday. I think we may have initially dashed many of the Dukies' hopes for the season, but I think after their next few games (and ours), they'll see they just ran into the best team they'll see all season. (Here's to being optimistic)

heeled soul and jzgt22 like this.
  7. John

John Peacekeeper Staff Member

I just wanted to quote that. Someone please ask Coach Johnson what that means during his monday radio show. :cool:

Anyway, UNC has been waiting for Saturday since the evening of November 10th, 2012.

8. heeled soul

heeled soul Jolly Good Fellow

more like "dreading."

9. SoCal_GT_Fan

SoCal_GT_Fan Ramblin' Wreck

Normally against Georgia Tech, there aren't many drives at all because their drives are so long and methodical.

I wonder who much truth there is in this statement? Against Duke, our longest drive was approx. 7 and a half minutes and it looks like our average drive was around 4:00 minutes and we've only had (3) drives that went 10+ plays. Not exactly 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

10. Tempest_12

Tempest_12 Ramblin' Wreck

In the duke game we also had some short fields to work with...