Interesting Read, Duke & UNC

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
"So we’re ready for that. But we've got to force more turnovers. We've got to stop them on fourth and third down. And we’ve got to make them — we’ve got to force penalties. We’ve got to make them go backwards, by whatever means necessary.”
The **** does that mean? Force penalties? Either he's coaching his players to try to get chopped, turn sideways on a downfield cut, or persuade the refs to call **** they otherwise wouldn't... Bush league...

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
Perhaps he was referring to drawing players offsides.

You know, you could have easily said "What does "force penalties" mean?" and "persuade the refs to call nonsense they otherwise wouldn't" without a change in what you are essentially saying. Personally, I prefer the lack of ****ty language here.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We might be naturally defensive about that comment due to opposing coaches' complaints about chop blocks and such. If it were any other team, and perhaps even with us, it's possible he meant the D has to be more aggressive than the O and draw holding penalties. That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think about what I'd want our defense to be doing i.e., get to the QB or force a holding call.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Censorship??? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You are impinging on free speech.
your right to free speech is trumped by my right to enjoy at least one board without having to read someone else trying to express himself in an base manner. Practice communicating without profanity and you'll never embarrass yourself in polite company. Not trying to tell you what to do, but if you're bent on being profane, go post on another board.

Now, back to the thread...I didn't see any chop block penalties or illegal cut blocks (not 10-2) called yesterday. I think we may have initially dashed many of the Dukies' hopes for the season, but I think after their next few games (and ours), they'll see they just ran into the best team they'll see all season. (Here's to being optimistic)

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
who UNC defensive coordinator Vic Koenning called "guru king daddy"
I just wanted to quote that. Someone please ask Coach Johnson what that means during his monday radio show. :cool:

Anyway, UNC has been waiting for Saturday since the evening of November 10th, 2012.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Normally against Georgia Tech, there aren't many drives at all because their drives are so long and methodical.

I wonder who much truth there is in this statement? Against Duke, our longest drive was approx. 7 and a half minutes and it looks like our average drive was around 4:00 minutes and we've only had (3) drives that went 10+ plays. Not exactly 3 yards and a cloud of dust.