Interesting note from practice today on the OL

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
This is a great time to try people at different positions cause you never know what the season will bring. Any word on how he did?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Great and I agree, damn a designated position get your best players on the field. L or R Tackle btw??

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Interesting whose at RT then?
Has Shamire improved and is Griffin with the 1's?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think we move OL around more than most schools in the country.

It is worth seeing if Burden is better than what we got at T now...as I said last night in the chat the tackles are a big concern for us.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Been saying it for a while....if Devine is going to be a backup this season to Mason and Braun (or whoever), put him out at tackle for a run. If the guy is one of our best OLs, having him in reserve is a waste...especially since Tackle has been a weak spot for us pretty much since CPJ has been here.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It shows that he has a good lead...plus they feel Burden is more flexible than O'Reily.

Kept telling people in another thread, if Burden beats out O'Reilly for C, our center position will be VERY good. O'Reilly is going to be a very good center for us barring injury.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
There must be a lot of guys injured for Sewak/Johnson to make this move. I am glad to see they are trying some different things. This tells me Devine is not lighting it up. Right now it looks like we have several potential tackle candidates banged up. It would be great to know a little bit more about what the actual situation is with the offensive line. I guess we will have to wait until the Spring game to get a look.

I would guess that O'Reilly is number one at center, Mason and Braun are the number one guards and Griffin / Chamberlin and a player to be named later are currently leading at the tackle spots. Not hearing anything about Brigham, Joe or Muns. Maybe they are all injured.

Go Jackets!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
There must be a lot of guys injured for Sewak/Johnson to make this move. I am glad to see they are trying some different things. This tells me Devine is not lighting it up. Right now it looks like we have several potential tackle candidates banged up. It would be great to know a little bit more about what the actual situation is with the offensive line. I guess we will have to wait until the Spring game to get a look.

I would guess that O'Reilly is number one at center, Mason and Braun are the number one guards and Griffin / Chamberlin and a player to be named later are currently leading at the tackle spots. Not hearing anything about Brigham, Joe or Muns. Maybe they are all injured.

Go Jackets!

Muns have moved to tackle as well...he moved over before the Spring.
Errin Joe is at T.

Devine has been playing fine so far.