Interesting Factoid about our Defense

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Holding a team to 450 yds is an honor?

When you consider the fact Boston College had the #1 Ranked Defense in the Country Last Season and are highly ranked again this Season, as well as the fact Clemson, VA Tech, and other ACC Defenses are highly respected, the fact that GA Tech's Defense is the ONE which holds the LONGEST CURRENT STREAK should be impressive, in my humble opinion, ESPECIALLY in light of the fact we're playing with no 4 or 5 Star Starters on our Defense (Kallon may start and he was a 4 Star).

Last edited:

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
This has to be the most irrelevant stat that I've ever seen. Who cares? We lost the Pitt game because the defense gave up a score on 3/4 of the possessions that it was on the field.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
When you consider the fact Boston College had the #1 Ranked Defense in the Country Last Season and are highly ranked again this Season, as well as the fact Clemson, VA Tech, and other ACC Defenses are highly respected, the fact that GA Tech's Defense is the ONE which holds the LONGEST CURRENT STREAK should be impressive, in my humble opinion.
I understand that, but if a team ran 60 plays on us compared to 90 on another team, the team that had 90 plays ran against them are obviously going to have more yards against them. Ypp is more impressive. So let's say we gave up 400 yards and on 60 plays, that means we gave up almost 6.7 ypp and let's say the other Deffense gave up 450 but had 90 plays ran against them, that's 5 ypp. Which is more impressive to you? I would like to know how many times those other defenses have given up under 300 yards a game compared to us, that's a lot more impressive imo.