Injury updates

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
How is Lynn Griffin's health? looked like he knocked himself silly towards the end of the game.

I posted a update at the top of this thread.

He should be good to go this week...He has ben held out of practice as a precaution.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Honestly, I think it may be in everyone's best interests if he hangs the cleats up. Hate it for the kid, but he hasn't been able to consistently stay on the field.

Tempest_12

Jolly Good Fellow
He does. But realistically he has never been a week to week starter and I don't think he will be starting come week 1 next year.

Cause he won't stay healthy long enough or won't have enough practice/game time to win the starting job?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Injury report for GT this weekend

Beno, Drummond, Bailey and Green are out

Lynn Griffin and Darren Waller are questionable

ToddM

Bailey may never really play but I still want him on the team, he at the very least is an obstacle on the depth chart for the younger guys-- will make them better

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ said he has never seen a kid with as much bad luck in terms of injury as Bailey. Sounds like a lot of freak things has happened one after another. I've got no reason to think the kid won't be healthy once he has time to heal from his current injury and start prepping for next season. He might just end up the beast of the line next year.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ said he has never seen a kid with as much bad luck in terms of injury as Bailey. Sounds like a lot of freak things has happened one after another. I've got no reason to think the kid won't be healthy once he has time to heal from his current injury and start prepping for next season. He might just end up the beast of the line next year.
Didn't he say the same thing about Holton?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Bailey has been hurt every single year since he has been here including his redshirt year...honestly I can't remember a time he's been here that he hasn't had some type of injury. Including Spring practice.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Mason has a guard spot locked up. He will have to beat Braun out who has been coming on lately.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not that anyone's talking about it, but Drummond and Harrell out puts us in a bad spot for our LBs. Looks like they'll slide nealy over before using the next in line player.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not that anyone's talking about it, but Drummond and Harrell out puts us in a bad spot for our LBs. Looks like they'll slide nealy over before using the next in line player.

We've been playing a lot of nickel lately, it seems to me, when I think JHD is the LB that sits.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Bailey has been hurt every single year since he has been here including his redshirt year...honestly I can't remember a time he's been here that he hasn't had some type of injury. Including Spring practice.
Then he's got the odds in his favor. It's one thing if it's the same thing over and over. It's another thing if it's something different each time. The first case is chronic injury that won't heal, the second is bad luck. If it's just bad luck, that can certainly change.