Injuries

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
I know we don't have a game next week or anything, but did we come out of the Orange Bowl with no serious injuries - i.e. nothing requiring surgery that might impact spring or early next season?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No significant injuries. Seems like any player that went out, returned at some point later on. When JT5 came off limping in the fourth quarter, he went back in for the last series.White, Johnson, Davis, etc. all good.

Buzzwax

Georgia Tech Fan
Per MSU butt hurt msg board poster our DB's getting hurt were a ploy to disrupt the rhythm of MSU's O......if so, not a bad idea actually! If I were Ohio St. I'd think pretty hard about this to slow down Oregon....

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just wanted to bump this in case someone knew of any post-season injuries. I know that due to privacy concerns we probably won't get a lot of information but I saw something posted on Instagram about a player having a couple of surgeries this week.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
No significant injuries. Seems like any player that went out, returned at some point later on. , When JT5 came off limping in the fourth quarter, he went back in for the last series. White, Johnson, Davis, etc. all good.
I was surprised to see JT back in the game after that. We had the game won by then and Byerly is more than capable of running out the clock.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Per MSU butt hurt msg board poster our DB's getting hurt were a ploy to disrupt the rhythm of MSU's O......if so, not a bad idea actually! If I were Ohio St. I'd think pretty hard about this to slow down Oregon....

Might have made sense if those DBs were actually going back into the game. We were down 3 starting DBs for portions of that 2nd half - MSU posters didn't seem to realize that in the thread you're referring to.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I was surprised to see JT back in the game after that. We had the game won by then and Byerly is more than capable of running out the clock.

I agree. I wanted to see Byerly at the 5 minute mark and especially after JT limped off. The only non cramp injury I saw was a knee bump to D Smith but he later returned to play. Late in the game Green came off looking more shookup/confused than injured. I believe all the other crampees returned to play.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I wanted to see Byerly at the 5 minute mark and especially after JT limped off. The only non cramp injury I saw was a knee bump to D Smith but he later returned to play. Late in the game Green came off looking more shookup/confused than injured. I believe all the other crampees returned to play.
That's because we were faking those. :rolleyes:

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
I had the same thoughts during the game because I had never seen so many go down. I thought it was a good idea to slow down opponents O. So I agree OSU should think hard about it. does not have to be cramps, wind knocked out, bell rung,

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably because it was the final series of our last game in an MVP performance by JT and all we did was hand off to Days until the clock ran out. Maybe he wanted to be on the field as the clock hit zero or something who knows. Now if we were running all sorts of plays in the 4th quarter in a blow out a la UGA vs Auburn it would have been dumb.