Injuries from FSU game

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Jerry Howard could easily switch back, as well. That's aside from the fact we obviously have Griffin, Gibbs and Smith. If the rumor is true, I feel bad for JPM, though.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Mason is special, his absence will be felt. Hopefully it’s nothing too major if it’s true.

Griffin will probably get more carries. He looked good against FSU.
Mason is a tough sum_b. IIRC, he played most of last year with one good shoulder. I hope it's something related to the shoulder.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is the absolute worst part of message boards.. Let's wait till injuries are announced in a responsible fashion and then evaluate and analyse the options available. It is gauche at best and much worse at worst to talk about this stuff hypothetically. Not to mention terrible juju.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Haven't seen anything outside an assumption that Mason is injured. Not sure what that might mean. 1 game, 2 games, whole season. Hopefully if he is ONLY out this week and he is back soon bowling over LB's and breaking DL arm tackles.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the absolute worst part of message boards.. Let's wait till injuries are announced in a responsible fashion and then evaluate and analyse the options available. It is gauche at best and much worse at worst to talk about this stuff hypothetically. Not to mention terrible juju.

Coach doesn’t announce injuries, unless they’re season ending.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Coach doesn’t announce injuries, unless they’re season ending.
Which is the point. We don't know what we have, until we know and the speculation around "replaceability" of players while presuming injuries is bad enough when it is in response to seeing someone in a boot, or cast, or what have you.

This, though, this is people walking through the lineup based on rumor and inuendo. I am just saying I find it in poor taste. Not to mention the thread is about a guy we actually did lose. So if people want to engage in that hypothetical replacement talk, then we should talk about who steps up in Chimedza's absence.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
FWIW Mason's last carry was on the last drive on second down where he lost 5 so he didn't leave the game early.
Went back and watched that last drive. He was great the first play - 15 burst up the middle. Looked ok afterwards. He was in a pile on his last carry described above but FSU called time out and couldn't get a look at him going off the field.

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
Went back and watched that last drive. He was great the first play - 15 burst up the middle. Looked ok afterwards. He was in a pile on his last carry described above but FSU called time out and couldn't get a look at him going off the field.

Yeah, I went back and did the same. It was slightly awkward the way he went down, but he seemed to pop up pretty quick. Unfortunately they cut away as soon as he started to pop up.

Deleted member 2897

Yea I mean two weeks ago Pressley Harvin was supposedly in no position to play and at death’s door. Let’s hope these rumors go the way of that one.