Injuries from FSU game

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe it’s Tre. From what others have said “can’t believe they haven’t said anything in 3 days” sounds like someone who didn’t play Saturday.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Gibbs and Riq have both said they are fine. Tre is the only player we’ve heard absolutely nothing about, so I would assume it’s him.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Hearing the same news. Don’t feel comfortable sharing either but with time to process it I think everyone will be excited about the next men up.

Hate to say it, but that sounds like Mason may be out. He is a very good, experienced back, but I would not call that a 5, probably a 4. I just don't want it to be a DL, LB, or OL. Not this early in the season, please. No one has mentioned a WR or TE, but I think we would be ok with losing one of those (compared to the other positions), although I sure wouldn't want it to be Camp.

PS Make sure I am clear - I don't want it to be anyone.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate to say it, but that sounds like Mason may be out. He is a very good, experienced back, but I would not call that a 5, probably a 4. I just don't want it to be a DL, LB, or OL. Not this early in the season, please. No one has mentioned a WR or TE, but I think we would be ok with losing one of those (compared to the other positions), although I sure wouldn't want it to be Camp.

PS Make sure I am clear - I don't want it to be anyone.
Did Mason leave the game early? If he did, how did I miss that? Or did he play through it and finish the game?

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
He did leave for a bit but retuned for a few more plays. No mention of it on the broadcast, but I wouldn’t expect them to because we rotated backs a good bit and it seemed like Griffin was in mostly on pass situations. Nothing alerted to a Mason injury.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Remember seeing Smith for almost a full drive? I couldn't figure out why he played so much as the announcers didn't focus on us at all.
I remember that but I figured Smith had just earned the playing time as was listed as ATL. Even if Mason went out, we still had Griffin for the game. Speaking of Smith, I did think he played well, especially catching out of the backfield.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
FWIW Mason's last carry was on the last drive on second down where he lost 5 so he didn't leave the game early.

Deleted member 2897

Football is a violent game. We lose at least a full handful of players every year. I don’t want to lose anybody, but honestly from QB to RB to DB to the lines, we have players. It won’t be the end of the world. But we can’t have that happen too many times at the same position.

At RB, we’re super deep. Bruce Swilling was a 4-star and hasn’t cracked the 4-deep. At QB we have 4 we could play. At DB we’re so deep Brooks as a top 75 guy nationally hasn’t cracked the ATL.

These are the things I tell myself so I don’t punch a hole in the wall. I suck at dry wall.