Initial Impressions

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
The Mike Ayers Death March is hard to watch.

Yes. And he employs slither backs. They consistently turned two yard runs into 4 and 5 yarders. Very frustrating to watch us not stop that stuff. Partly poor tackling on our part but also some good running on their part. No comparison in how well coached and disciplined the Terriers are compared to the Tulane bunch I saw on Tv.

I have a question for those of you at the game. On TV I never heard the steam whistle - not once and that is one of my favorite bits to a home game on 1st downs and scores... Was it "just missed" by me or was it not used? I hate the thought of never hearing that whistle again.

Re: the predicted point-spread; c'mon guys. This was the first game of the season so the betting spread was based purely on conjecture and historical suggestion - no game-time evidence available. We won - that is the bottom line. I liked what I saw in the second half - especially JT. What CPJ has been saying about Justin's quick release came through in spades.

On another note I wonder what Vad Lee is thinking today.......saw much of that ugly game for J. Madison.
The person behind me commented on the "lack of a whistle" early in the game. I had not noticed. Later in the game though, I definitely heard a whistle after at least one of our TD's. Whether it was the "real" whistle or a pre-recorded one, I don't know.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The person behind me commented on the "lack of a whistle" early in the game. I had not noticed. Later in the game though, I definitely heard a whistle after at least one of our TD's. Whether it was the "real" whistle or a pre-recorded one, I don't know.

I was sitting in the upper West. I can assure you that damn whistle blew every time Tech scored and I loved hearing it.

Go Jackets!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I didn't attend; I was out of town.

First, I was expecting something like this. Wofford is not a slouch program and they run an O very like ours. Add in that this was the first start of our QB and that we were almost certain not to show scouts what tricks the D has up its sleeves. That we got 508 yards of total O and 38 points is about par for the course in games like this. The box reminded me very much of the first game a couple of years ago; they stacked in and we threw the ball well. Normally, there's considerable improvement for every team in its second game too.

We'll be able to tell more next week. If we have two halfs like the second this week, we win. And, again, until JT gets a few more games under his belt, I'll be satisfied with a one (that's 1) point win.

niel9533

Georgia Tech Fan
Are you talking about the real boiler steam whistle or the imitation whistle broadcast on the PA system?
You know I assumed it was the real boiler steam whistle because it is so prominent on TV and I remember it so well from when I was a student in the early-mid 70s, but honestly what I hear on TV MAY be broadcast on the PA system - I heard none of it yesterday. Maybe because it's so warm the boiler isn't fired up yet? I just don't remember a time when I didn't hear it during games, but perhaps I've never heard it in August/early September!

niel9533

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks Supersizethat- I haven't re-watched the game yet, but will pay closer attention when I do.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Phone fail, sorry. Ty for the post. I didn't hear the whistle AT ALL on the radio broadcast, and sorely missed it!