Incredible speech

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
great post! Very impressive talk...when I was his age, I didn't appreciate Tech at all. I was too busy griping about the Shaft and thinking about the various "quarter a beer" nights around town. For most of us, it takes awhile to realize the value of what it takes to get out.

jacket fan in dairyland

Jolly Good Fellow
great post! Very impressive talk...when I was his age, I didn't appreciate Tech at all. I was too busy griping about the Shaft and thinking about the various "quarter a beer" nights around town. For most of us, it takes awhile to realize the value of what it takes to get out.
So true ! I didn't realize the preparation I was getting to be successful in life: hard work , persistence , determination, how to respond to failures ( I had a couple :-/ ). But looking back, would I do it all again ? Damn right, I would !

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Attended scholarship dinner for first time on Monday, and this was one of speeches. It brought the house down. KeShun Freeman, Bruce Heppler and Katerina Vuckovic (WBB) also spoke and were fantastic. Great reminder why Georgia Tech is a special place.

Very impressive.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Outstanding! I have been a Tech fan from childhood but did not attend Tech. Looking at Tech from a distance, it has always been easy to see that Tech is unique and therefore not for everyone. Young men like this one are simply not typical college students. The athletes at Tech disproportionally aspire to callings for excellence outside of just athletic excellence, although imo their self discipline and intellect greatly aids in their athletic development and achievements.

In reading all the recent posts about the new football recruits, so many are bothered that the recruits aren't ranked higher. Certainly I wish Tech had a top ten recruiting class that every year included several 5* players who also excel at math, but hope Tech never decides to provide a "factory" education option in order to achieve that goal. Young men like this one are deserving of praise and support even when the final score for a game is a few points short of victory.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Outstanding! I have been a Tech fan from childhood but did not attend Tech. Looking at Tech from a distance, it has always been easy to see that Tech is unique and therefore not for everyone. Young men like this one are simply not typical college students.

There are just a very few things in this world that simply amaze me....one of them is playing football at Tech AND getting an engineering degree while doing so. Another, I have a brother in law who, after graduating from UGA (of all places) got through Army Ranger school and then earned his MD degree after that. Sometimes you just have to admit that some amongst us were simply gifted beyond measure...i.e. the 99.8th percentile of all human beings.It makes those of us in the 97th percentile and below extremely humble. Even me, despite winning the Pine Box derby in my Cub Scout troop and getting a B one time in calculus at Tech and catching an 9 lb. bass down at Lake Seminole on a black Texas rigged plastic worm and getting an autograph from Dickey Betts one night at a bar in Austin.