Incident at Second Sun

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a member of a "Buckhead Natives" Facebook group and this was recently posted. I have no recollection of the incident. Anyone know the story?

The Second Sun was a saloon. At its Roswell Rd. location six or so Tech football players were admittedly drunk on PCP. One, Lenny something, after flailing on the floor of the broom closet (don't ask, I have no idea), turned on cop Claude Ray Wheeler and said if he were being thrown out it would be in style.
He broke Wheeler's arm by twisting Wheeler's baton as I lifted him Lenny away in a half-cinch, half-nelson. My shoe remained trapped under the front wheel of Wheeler's car after it rolled while he started the car to call for help.
As cops arrived, the ball players put the cops on the the ground. I went in a circle throwing the ball players off, three times, all the while shouting don't beat up the police.
The two recent encounters with police that resulted in deadly shootings pale in comparison to what happened in the Second Sun parking lot. It made NBC, ABC and CBS Network news. The amazing thing is no gun was pulled much less anyone's being shot.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a member of a "Buckhead Natives" Facebook group and this was recently posted. I have no recollection of the incident. Anyone know the story?

The Second Sun was a saloon. At its Roswell Rd. location six or so Tech football players were admittedly drunk on PCP. One, Lenny something, after flailing on the floor of the broom closet (don't ask, I have no idea), turned on cop Claude Ray Wheeler and said if he were being thrown out it would be in style.
He broke Wheeler's arm by twisting Wheeler's baton as I lifted him Lenny away in a half-cinch, half-nelson. My shoe remained trapped under the front wheel of Wheeler's car after it rolled while he started the car to call for help.
As cops arrived, the ball players put the cops on the the ground. I went in a circle throwing the ball players off, three times, all the while shouting don't beat up the police.
The two recent encounters with police that resulted in deadly shootings pale in comparison to what happened in the Second Sun parking lot. It made NBC, ABC and CBS Network news. The amazing thing is no gun was pulled much less anyone's being shot.

Googling turned up absolutely nothing, searched combinations of wheeler+Buckhead or Georgia tech+wheeler or Georgia tech+second sun

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Googling turned up absolutely nothing, searched combinations of wheeler+Buckhead or Georgia tech+wheeler or Georgia tech+second sun

I couldn't find any reports online either. This allegedly occurred near Chastain Park, just a few miles from where I grew up and I have absolutely ZERO recollection of anything like that.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
I've spent way too much time unsuccessfully looking for any evidence this alleged incident occurred. Until someone provides evidence to the contrary, I don't believe it.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
I've spent way too much time unsuccessfully looking for any evidence this alleged incident occurred. Until someone provides evidence to the contrary, I don't believe it.
Me either, although it does look like a place called that existed.

MWT89

Jolly Good Fellow
Me either, although it does look like a place called that existed.

I found one reference to the Second Sun being in the space that became Jilly's on Roswell Rd near Wieuca. I clearly remember the Jilly's and its mob connections (Google it).

As for Tech football players breaking a cop's arm, I'm highly skeptical.