Improving fan experience

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know what exactly is holding back beer sales in BDS, or the majority of college stadiums for that matter? I know there are ACC schools that sell beer, so it’s not a conference rule. You can get beer in the club seats, so why not for the rest of us? Given the arms race that college football has become, how is it that so many schools don’t take advantage?

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve often thought that this was an issue with student attendance. If someone taught students the rules of the game, do you think this would generate more interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPJ used to have an international students day. The students got to meet CPJ, learn the basics of the game, and goo through some football drills.

It's a great idea, but I am not sure how effective it's been.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know what exactly is holding back beer sales in BDS, or the majority of college stadiums for that matter? I know there are ACC schools that sell beer, so it’s not a conference rule. You can get beer in the club seats, so why not for the rest of us? Given the arms race that college football has become, how is it that so many schools don’t take advantage?

IIRC, bourbon was an option at the Louisville game I went to last year. [emoji106]

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I agree about the PA, but about the wins... I guess that's why we have a new coach..

In all fairness to CPJ, our home winning percentage was pretty good. We weren’t playing well away from BDS, especially when it rained.

Actually meant for that to be implied, but I certainly didn't make that clear. The idea was for overall fan engagement, but I think even just having a fun student section increases the atmosphere for everyone. Plus, you can make a college student happy for $8, whereas @Supersizethatorder-mutt will complain about his $15 t-shirt cannon shirt being the wrong color ;)
:p:p:p

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Though this has been brought up countless times - have more night games at BDS! I know GT doesn't have a ton of control over it but anything pushing in the right direction helps! (aka winning)

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Hello guys.. This is a school project but it's also related to GTAA football.. can you give me any ideas on how to improve fan experience.. without increasing costs?
(If this topic doesn't belong here.. I do apologise in advance..)
I have some ideas like . Redirecting outgoing traffic.. using apps to order food .. any other ideas?

• You have to fix traffic and parking. (We used to get spots at Coca-Cola, and that was great.) Otherwise, it can be easier to stay at home.
  • Speed up security ... especially for season ticket holders. (Why Tech doesn't do biosec like facial recognition is a mystery.)
  • Add more fan suites ... and improve the stadium sight lines from the concession areas. (There aren't any today.)
  • Use the cell phone ... have a coach or analyst feed insight on the play in real time. Get people involved in using them.
  • Add cell phone charging stations ...
  • Create a fan zone with Tech history, famous Tech players visiting and signing autographs ...
By comparison, Tech is stuck in a model of load up the car and spend 3.5 hours at a stadium downtown. (Which I love.) But the expectations are changing rather dramatically.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
  • You have to fix traffic and parking. (We used to get spots at Coca-Cola, and that was great.) Otherwise, it can be easier to stay at home.
  • Speed up security ... especially for season ticket holders. (Why Tech doesn't do biosec like facial recognition is a mystery.)
  • Add more fan suites ... and improve the stadium sight lines from the concession areas. (There aren't any today.)
  • Use the cell phone ... have a coach or analyst feed insight on the play in real time. Get people involved in using them.
  • Create a fan zone with Tech history, famous Tech players visiting and signing autographs ...
By comparison, Tech is stuck in a model of load up the car and spend 3.5 hours at a stadium downtown. (Which I love.) But the expectations are changing rather dramatically.

Agreed.

I wouldn't even shy away from a GT fantasy game you can download via the app market. You pick 3 players to get the most points and top players win certain swag, or concessions. You can break it down into quarters, ,halftime, and full game.

I would LOVE that.

Great way for non native students to learn the game as well.

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
I am wondering.. Does Coca Cola not let us park in there anymore?

Animal02

Banned
This. Get someone under the age of 25 on the music and who is in contact with the players/ knows what they want to listen to. We're in the center of the rap universe for god's sake. The current announcer is horrible too, calls plays like a basketball game.
If the players are paying that much attention to the music......we are in trouble

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Excellent idea. When I went to the GT vs ND game in 2015, Ara Parseghian was signing books in the ND book store. Ara was ND’s coach the year before ND played GT in the Rudy game (he was offsides). Oh yeah, Ara won two nattys. Very cool opportunity.