Improvements to BDS and game attendance and atmosphere...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Agree with everything you said. The upper east used to be a blast. Now, as far up as I am, it's either empty, but for the few remaining Tech fans there, or always filled with opposing fans. It really sucks, but I'm staying where I am as long as I am able.
It was a blast back in the good old days at Ponce De Leon Park or at The Flats before Grant Field when you pretty much stood on the sidelines;):cigar:

Animal02

Banned
Read again. Yes we need to schedule better. We can not get away with scheduling like a lot of others.

Going undefeated was never mentioned. How many teams go undefeated? We need to raise the bar and win more, and more consistently, for better attendance.

Anyone that does not understand that can not be serious about us having better attendance.
"Schedule better". Meaning lose the FCS game and the extra revenue it brings by having an extra game every season......"schedule better" to increase attendance is a claim by the economically challenged.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Read again. Yes we need to schedule better. We can not get away with scheduling like a lot of others.

Going undefeated was never mentioned. How many teams go undefeated? We need to raise the bar and win more, and more consistently, for better attendance.

Anyone that does not understand that can not be serious about us having better attendance.

I don’t need to read that mess again. You said we need to schedule top p5 programs instead of Alcorns....beat uga half the time...and not lose to Duke etc (who happens to be our top competition in the coastal currently).

Your outline for success would dictate near undefeated teams every other year with no significant drop off year to year. Yes that would increase attendance.

But your plan to get there demands 10-11 win seasons while increasing strength of schedule. It’s counterintuitive.

Animal02

Banned
I don’t need to read that mess again. You said we need to schedule top p5 programs instead of Alcorns....beat uga half the time...and not lose to Duke etc (who happens to be our top competition in the coastal currently).

Your outline for success would dictate near undefeated teams every other year with no significant drop off year to year. Yes that would increase attendance.

But your plan to get there demands 10-11 win seasons while increasing strength of schedule. It’s counterintuitive.
It would also decrease revenue....for the sake of filling a few more seats in the remaining game.s

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Why do you prefer the upper east? I sat in the upper east for a night game against VT in 2015 and I thought it was nice. I always thought the east would be bad for a day game because of the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it had to do with Homecoming being a nice weather day.

You're right about the sun. I took my daughter to Russell wilson's NCState game and we happen to get tickets upper east. That was the most miserable day at BDS in my life. It was a global-warmed October day.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I think it had to do with Homecoming being a nice weather day.

You're right about the sun. I took my daughter to Russell wilson's NCState game and we happen to get tickets upper east. That was the most miserable day at BDS in my life. It was a global-warmed October day.

The Roman Colosseum had a retractable awning and it was built nearly 2,000 years ago. I wonder if we’ve ever investigated such a thing. The games at BDS in September, and sometimes October, can be miserable. I’m impressed that the players can perform in that heat with full gear.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Maryland’s approach to attendance:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...n-school-paid-students-stay-games/2081646002/

We’ve got a bunch of nerds for students and you target them differently. We need to give away calculus & physics books, high end computers, reserved desks in the library, Star Wars lunch boxes or a second set of underwear so they have something to wear while they’re laundering their primary set.

$5K for tuition might work though.