Improvement

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed. The players came to play and competed. They melted and blew the game in the last 2 minutes, but it was a much improved effort overall. Coaching was suspect at times, like playing Mecca instead of Howard to give Franklin a breather, and letting Moore bring the ball up the court against the press. Dumb.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. The players came to play and competed. They melted and blew the game in the last 2 minutes, but it was a much improved effort overall. Coaching was suspect at times, like playing Mecca instead of Howard to give Franklin a breather, and letting Moore bring the ball up the court against the press. Dumb.
I believe his name is Jordan Meka

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Meka should never see the floor in my opinion, but to each his own. Howard is either injured or deep under the doghouse with pastner.

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the team lacks toughness. Javon is an exception. Maybe Deivon. We get out-toughed…

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Happy for the Tech players today.
They competed and improved their play and showed heart.
They lost a game they were up with 4 minutes. Never be happy losing games that are very winnable. The players should be pissed at themselves for how they let this game get away.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the team lacks toughness. Javon is an exception. Maybe Deivon. We get out-toughed…
Another Whaaa moment. This team has plenty of toughness. They play hard despite the circumstances. Until recently they had no upper classman leadership.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I got my "Tech enjoyment" by watching Jose play. The announcers today said in the win over Lakers--JOSE was the difference on Off and Def. Probably smallest guy in league. wow.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Moral victories are not counted by good coaches
We all know where you stand, many feel the same way, and none of us are happy, but why make **** up? You really believe Josh is touting this as a moral victory?

Everyone on this board is unhappy, especially those of us that eat, sleep, and breath college hoops, or those of us that invest actual dollars into the program, but I can guarantee you that none of us are more upset about the state of affairs as Josh or the kids on the roster.

Why do you need crap all over the guy or on what success (ACC Title) he did have here?

That’s weak.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Another Whaaa moment. This team has plenty of toughness. They play hard despite the circumstances. Until recently they had no upper classman leadership.
Not to be a contrarian, but.....

there have been a few games where it was clear that they just mentally quit. The Duke game is a clear example of them not "playing hard despite the circumstances". So, I would argue that they do not have as much toughness as you seem to be suggesting.

I will take it a step further and say that they lack a Jose who is not only a great leader, but also is as physically and mentally tough a player we have had to wear the white and gold (up there with Jack, Harpring, Hammonds, and Joseph). This team is not only lacking leadership, but also the mental toughness and the will to fight through the challenging parts of the game/schedule. They are getting no such leadership or toughness on the court or on the bench,.

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
I did not watch the Duke game. I think the team has individual toughness but lacks the guy who can get a basket when they have to have one. That kind of player would bring a team type of toughness.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
We all know where you stand, many feel the same way, and none of us are happy, but why make **** up? You really believe Josh is touting this as a moral victory?

Everyone on this board is unhappy, especially those of us that eat, sleep, and breath college hoops, or those of us that invest actual dollars into the program, but I can guarantee you that none of us are more upset about the state of affairs as Josh or the kids on the roster.

Why do you need crap all over the guy or on what success (ACC Title) he did have here?

That’s weak.
If not here, where? Is this not the proper venue for crapping on the guy?