**** Important announcement for all members ****

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
This forum will be going down Friday night...just a heads up.

Good news is that all content will be carried over.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
It will be posted on this forum Saturday...we will provide a link to the new site and make it a easy switch over.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
John and I (mostly John) have been working hard behind the scenes and getting the new site ready as we are both very excited about it...we have some good news as we are ahead of schedule and will be launching the site on Wednesday night at 9PM!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We will have a link tomorrow to the new site and will make it a easy transition.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Eric said:
...will be launching the site on Wednesday night at 9PM!

Just a minor edit, we will start working on migrating the site starting Wednesday night at 9pm ET so this board will be shutdown while we migrate the data. #TheMigration of the data could take 2-4 hours. :)

gtg771r

Jolly Good Fellow
I enjoy the site and I look forward to the new one.  This is the most enjoyable Tech sports site to browse.  I enjoy the insight as well as the positive views by the posters.  I look forward to posting more in the future.

gtfan3

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey Eric can you add pictures to this new site. Not just recruiting but something like what the play at GT blog looks like

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
As others have said, this has quickly become my favorite GT info site. Thanks for all the work involved in creating it. I look forward to following you to the new forum!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Hi all,

Remember when Eric posted this?
http://gtrecruiting.forumotion.com/t365-site-announcment

That was when we were doing a test migration. Those of you who visited during that time would have seen a different looking forum here. This will happen again tonight while we work on the real migration.

We are also going to try to shut the board down so that no new users or posts can be submitted while the migration is going on but there is a chance that we may need to keep the board open for the migration to succeed.

Just in case though, if this forum looks different, please hold off on posting anything until you able to access the new site. :)

Thanks.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Can't wait for the site to be up...I'm excited about it!