**** Important announcement for all members ****

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Hello all,

First off I want to start by saying thanks for the support and helping the forum grow so much over the last three months...Without you guys the site simply would not make it. I really do apperciate everyone who has joined and especially members who have been posting on a regular basis.

When I started this forum my intention was to 1) improve the Georgia Tech recruiting fanbase...I wanted to see more GT fans following recruiting and know not what is going on with just the team but the recruiting aspect as well. 2) and most importantly I wanted to make a site that was hands down the best Georgia Tech ...My goal was to make it where this was the main board that GT fans turn to. 

I have seen a ton of improvement (IMO) of GT recruiting fans....I am not saying I am the reason for that but I am trying my best to help...As for the second goal I am striving everyday to make that happen.

As I said earlier I am always looking for ways to improve and trying to explore ways to help it grow...That leads me to saying that I am excited to announce that I have been offered the chance to team up with someone and have our own webpage instead of being just on forumotion....This is very big for us and the future of our site. I am very grateful that we have been offered this opportunity and look working forward to working with our new partner.

What this means is that the site will be changing to a new address, soon...I will make sure to post that link so everyone has easy access to out new site. Thanks to my new partner, he has already transferred everyone's usernames over which means instead of having to go through the process of registering for a username all you simply have to do is log in.

The site will be down for a few hours on July 6th or 7th as we will be transferring more information over...we expect the site to be up and running by next weekend.

I am excited about this opprtunity and think it is a huge step in the right direction for us....As always the site will remain free to all.

Once again thanks for all the support,
If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Any chance the forum content will be migrated as sell? There's a lot of valuable information I would hate to see have to be recreated.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
BainbridgeJacket said:
Any chance the forum content will be migrated as sell? There's a lot of valuable information I would hate to see have to be recreated.

Yes, it should all be migrated over.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Will the new site eventually become fee-subscription? Will the new site use our e-mail addresses and use-profile commercially?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
AE 87 said:
Will the new site eventually become fee-subscription?  Will the new site use our e-mail addresses and use-profile commercially?

Site is totally free and absolutely have no plans to become fee subscription at anytime...I can guarantee the site is and will stay 100% free.

Nope, not at all.

The new partner is a GT grad so this is something we are doing as GT fans not as a $ thing.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Hey guys,

This "partner" that Eric keeps referring to is actually me.  I was actually going to wait until the new site was up to register and participate but I didn't want to make Eric's reference to "partner" sound shady. :)

I think everyone knows the value that Eric brings for GT Sports fans, especially when it comes to recruiting information.  I saw that as well while he was participating in another GT forum.  So I was glad that Eric started this forum but I thought that with a little bit of help, it could be made better.

That's how all this started.  Nothing more and nothing less.

A couple of things that Eric didn't mention:

1. This forum will need to be shutdown so no one new can register or post while the migration to the new site happens.
  2. Once the migration is completed and new site is up and running, we'll put up a note with the new URL and users will not be able to post to this board.
  3. Passwords are not be migrated because it is actually encrypted different ways.  We will provide you a link so that you can get your password reset using email verification.
  4. Attachments and polls will not be migrated.  There's a technical reason for this in which I will spare you (but if you really want to know, feel free to ask) :)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thansk for filling in the holes I left out :D 

I look forward to working with John and improving the site...I will work as hard as I can to bring the best GT info possible.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
John said:
Hey guys,

This "partner" that Eric keeps referring to is actually me.  I was actually going to wait until the new site was up to register and participate but I didn't want to make Eric's reference to "partner" sound shady. :)

I think everyone knows the value that Eric brings for GT Sports fans, especially when it comes to recruiting information.  I saw that as well while he was participating in another GT forum.  So I was glad that Eric started this forum but I thought that with a little bit of help, it could be made better.

That's how all this started.  Nothing more and nothing less.

A couple of things that Eric didn't mention:

1. This forum will need to be shutdown so no one new can register or post while the migration to the new site happens.
  2. Once the migration is completed and new site is up and running, we'll put up a note with the new URL and users will not be able to post to this board.
  3. Passwords are not be migrated because it is actually encrypted different ways.  We will provide you a link so that you can get your password reset using email verification.
  4. Attachments and polls will not be migrated.  There's a technical reason for this in which I will spare you (but if you really want to know, feel free to ask) :)

#TheMigration

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
As a long time fan, I can tell you that this the best forum on the net for Tech fans! I truly appreciate all the work Eric and his new partner, John, have put in! Just a shout out to yoi guys for all the good information and work you put in! Thanks so very much!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the compliments.

Look forward to continuing that work!

Kcsunshine

Georgia Tech Fan
Great news Eric. I appreciate all that you do . I really do look forward to your recruiting updates. Keep me coming.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Look forward to the new site. Thanks for all that you do Eric, and also to Everybody who post and creates content to be shared. This is hands down the best site for GT info.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thanks everyone.

On the new site I want to use one sites rankings to go by in threads...I am leaning towards 247.