Implications of GT being relevant in recruiting

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
This is probably a lot of counting chickens before they hatch, but I was contemplating this morning how GT being a major player in recruiting could impact college football at the highest levels.....

Say we start signing 10 of the top 50 GA recruits a year regularly. We would be taking that talent from someone else. There are two current Alabama commits that are making comments that appear to be changing their mind about staying home.

3 of the top programs right now rely heavily on GA talent for success (UGA, Bama, and Clemson) and that doesn't even take into account Auburn, TN, USC, and the FL schools. If that pie starts getting split differently, are those teams as dominant as they have been for the past 4+ years?

I get the feeling Bama could weather it the best (until Saban retires at least), but I'm going to be curious to see if there is a balance shift in the offing.

Again, this is way early, but curious whether anyone else has thought about this....

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is probably a lot of counting chickens before they hatch, but I was contemplating this morning how GT being a major player in recruiting could impact college football at the highest levels.....

Say we start signing 10 of the top 50 GA recruits a year regularly. We would be taking that talent from someone else. There are two current Alabama commits that are making comments that appear to be changing their mind about staying home.

3 of the top programs right now rely heavily on GA talent for success (UGA, Bama, and Clemson) and that doesn't even take into account Auburn, TN, USC, and the FL schools. If that pie starts getting split differently, are those teams as dominant as they have been for the past 4+ years?

I get the feeling Bama could weather it the best (until Saban retires at least), but I'm going to be curious to see if there is a balance shift in the offing.

Again, this is way early, but curious whether anyone else has thought about this....

I think it would almost certainly have a ripple effect.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Georgia Tech being relevant in recruiting would really shake things up in the Southeast as far as football recruiting goes

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It's funny the guys complaining about a rumor about our coach negative recruiting against us are also the most negative members of this message board. Kinda ironic.
I assume you mean me, if not, please disregard. But if so, what about my post is negative about GT? My post is about high school players in Georgia.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
It's funny the guys complaining about a rumor about our coach negative recruiting against us are also the most negative members of this message board. Kinda ironic.

Nah. Usually the loudest complainers don't actually want things to change. They're just looking to offload the feelings of responsibility for things not being better. For change to happen, you have to reach escape velocity or the gravity of the complainers will suck you back into orbit. Best to just plow ahead.

GT_EE78

Banned

I doubt it....
2019 Distribution of Georgia’s Top 25 Prospects

Four: Georgia
Three: Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Tennessee
Two: Clemson, Texas
One: Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State

If we could get 4 of these annually , then the others would lose about 1/20th of their recruiting class every second,third or fourth year.
So i doubt anyone other than Georgia would notice. and it'd be damned nice If the dawgs had to notice a lot.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I've said it before, the biggest negative recruiters are our own fans. If you notice, those "fans" on this board are the same ones that are throwing out negativity towards our new staff. Seems they're nervous about having to eat the words they've repeated on why GT can't the past decade.

Just sit back and enjoy our new staff proving the "GT can't" crowd wrong...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I not to sure FSU is not going down fast very fast. They have not signed a QB the last 2 classes , kick off the starter and only have 2 QBs on the roster that I know

Only one. The other QB got kicked off the team yesterday.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

I've said it before, the biggest negative recruiters are our own fans. If you notice, those "fans" on this board are the same ones that are throwing out negativity towards our new staff. Seems they're nervous about having to eat the words they've repeated on why GT can't the past decade.

Since I’ve been the most vocal against CBK I’ll assume you two are referring to me. And you are both conflating many things erroneously.

I’ve always said Tech can win at the highest levels. Not every year but occasionally enough. Said it for O’Leary, Gaily, Paul, and now CGC. Do I think it’s harder at Tech than a typical factory? Of course. It will take a lot of change to make me think it’s not harder at Tech typically.

What negativity is being thrown at the staff? Yeah I’ve made it clear I don’t like Key and why. What other negativity is being thrown at any other staff member???

Those who are waiting to see games played before annointing this staff as amazing are not being negative toward the staff. They are taking a wait and see approach.

Other than Key I challenge both of you to cite / quote all of this negativity you imply I’ve “thrown” at the staff.

Other than my own posts I challenge you both to cite / quote “negative” posts from others about the staff.

If you can’t do the above without solely citing pragmatic wait and see type posts....you are both either deranged, deluded, or trolling.

I contend there is no widespread negativity. There does appear to be widespread demand for group think that validates your own opinions. That’s very odd behavior imo.

Animal02

Banned

Of course, you can show all the negativity to the new coach:rolleyes: . And what little you may find is a pimple on a gnats *** compared to what has been dished out the last 11 years

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I doubt it....
2019 Distribution of Georgia’s Top 25 Prospects

Four: Georgia
Three: Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Tennessee
Two: Clemson, Texas
One: Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, Florida State

If we could get 4 of these annually , then the others would lose about 1/20th of their recruiting class every second,third or fourth year.
So i doubt anyone other than Georgia would notice. and it'd be damned nice If the dawgs had to notice a lot.

25 vs 50 is a bigger distribution. Top 50 is mostly 4*, with a sprinkle of high 3* types.

Using the 247 list, 21 teams signed players from GA. Auburn had 7, followed by TN, UGA and Clemson with 5, Notre Dame/Michigan/Bama with 3 and then a host with 2 or 1 (GT has 1)

I honestly think there is a mentality of if you don't go to UGa, go out of state. I'm really hoping we can change the mindset, or this could go very terribly wrong.

Top 100 in GA is mostly P5, so you could go a little larger with the group than 50.