IMO : Clean Old-Fashioned Hate 2017

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’ve watched every UGA this year and watched most of the ones that overlapped with Tech games. They have a good record to show for what they’ve done but they have played some bad football at times.
Auburn was the first true road game UGA played in, (Georgia had close to 45,000 fans at the Norte Dame game) and Fromm was rattled after the first drive. UGA is used to getting a lead and keeping it all game, in the games where the other team was able to score and keep it close into the 2nd half Fromm struggled. Fromm’s success has come on Jump Ball go routes, he’s not dotting any secondaries up his WR are making the plays. Here are some examples of what a 3rd and long play for UGA and Fromm look like :

If we stop Chubb and Michel like we have for the past 3 years, Fromm is not going to beat us. Javon Wims might but it’s not going to be because of Fromm.

Defensively UGA is experienced, but overall lack Team defensive speed Other than Roquon Smith, and that’s why he leads them in tackles. He will make a play at 4 yards or 40 yards downfield for them if he can. I’m not sold on their senior DEs either. They are no better than the ones from Clemson. Auburn beat them with screen passes and counter runs because UGA is slow to the edge. If Kirby is smart he will move Smith to the Sam Backer but I️ doubt he will so he will probably stay at Mike backer. The outside should be open all game I️ just hope Quon can make the reads and I️ hope CPJ trust him to.
The Key to this game will be our secondary. They are going up against the best WR core they’ve seen all season and they will also be asked to do more in run support then they have all season.
Bottom line is that UGA should not beat us by 20+ points like they think they should.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I’ve watched every UGA this year and watched most of the ones that overlapped with Tech games. They have a good record to show for what they’ve done but they have played some bad football at times.
Auburn was the first true road game UGA played in, (Georgia had close to 45,000 fans at the Norte Dame game) and Fromm was rattled after the first drive. UGA is used to getting a lead and keeping it all game, in the games where the other team was able to score and keep it close into the 2nd half Fromm struggled. Fromm’s success has come on Jump Ball go routes, he’s not dotting any secondaries up his WR are making the plays. Here are some examples of what a 3rd and long play for UGA and Fromm look like :

If we stop Chubb and Michel like we have for the past 3 years, Fromm is not going to beat us. Javon Wims might but it’s not going to be because of Fromm.

Defensively UGA is experienced, but overall lack Team defensive speed Other than Roquon Smith, and that’s why he leads them in tackles. He will make a play at 4 yards or 40 yards downfield for them if he can. I’m not sold on their senior DEs either. They are no better than the ones from Clemson. Auburn beat them with screen passes and counter runs because UGA is slow to the edge. If Kirby is smart he will move Smith to the Sam Backer but I️ doubt he will so he will probably stay at Mike backer. The outside should be open all game I️ just hope Quon can make the reads and I️ hope CPJ trust him to.
The Key to this game will be our secondary. They are going up against the best WR core they’ve seen all season and they will also be asked to do more in run support then they have all season.
Bottom line is that UGA should not beat us by 20+ points like they think they should.

I hear where you are coming from. But. Fromm is putting the ball where his receivers can make plays. And in the plays you cited they did just that. I'm glad none of their WR are 6-5 but they have playmakers out there and Fromm has delivered the ball to them efficiently.

I concur we have to focus to stop the run and make those receivers beat us. I'm just not confident that task is a slam dunk by any means.

Special teams has me very worried also but that's off topic.

Jmonty71

Banned
I have not seen anything that will show that this team will dig deep and play Ugag well. I think we have a severe lack of leadership on the field. To add, the coaches seem to have some shaky, at best, games plans. I just am not feeling it. While Ugag has issues, we just have a ton more.

Now, this does not mean we can't pull the upset. Ugag can come out flat. We can play with emotion and purpose. As they say, that's why they play the game. So, we'll see.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think we are pretty overmatched this year. I am not conceding defeat, but I do think we are more of a longshot than usual. We aren’t really consistent enough to keep up with them in a shootout, and defensively we haven’t been able to generate turnovers.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I hear where you are coming from. But. Fromm is putting the ball where his receivers can make plays. And in the plays you cited they did just that. I'm glad none of their WR are 6-5 but they have playmakers out there and Fromm has delivered the ball to them efficiently.

I concur we have to focus to stop the run and make those receivers beat us. I'm just not confident that task is a slam dunk by any means.

Special teams has me very worried also but that's off topic.
Punch him in the face early and the Nancy boy Froam will complete very few passes. That’s the key to the game. Froam can’t stand dirt on his uni.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Our LBs will be big in this game. We know UGAg's gameplan. They will throw 10-15 times, and run run run the ball. We need the LBs to stuff the run, and also cover well. If we can limit them to FGs and punts, we are in good shape. Our secondary will have to watch those sideline catches and be ready. I don't want any dumb PI on us.

Jmonty71

Banned
Unless we can disguise some defenses and confuse Fromm, stopping the run does no good. Personally, I foresee Ugag with more yards on the ground, than us. Our D just is not good enough. Yes, we're better. But, still not good enough. So, we load the box? With Roof's unimaginative schemes, even a freshman QB can see what's coming.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
The part just worries me about your highlight packages is every great catch is on the offensive left side of the field. That’s the Austin’s side every team loves to pick on. If they continue to line-up this #6 Wims guy on the left then we’ll see a lot of throws coming his way.

Let’s hope for lots of Georgia fumbles like Mississippi State did for Ole Miss last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The part just worries me about your highlight packages is every great catch is on the offensive left side of the field. That’s the Austin’s side every team loves to pick on. If they continue to line-up this #6 Wims guy on the left then we’ll see a lot of throws coming his way.

Let’s hope for lots of Georgia fumbles like Mississippi State did for Ole Miss last night.

What games have you watched all year? Lance doesn't get picked on. Usually Step. Either way they play boundary and field not left and right.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Tbh that was based on the VT 4th quarter. Hokies drove the field throwing left and only tried Ajani Kerr on the right twice.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Auburn was the first true road game UGA played in, (Georgia had close to 45,000 fans at the Norte Dame game) and Fromm was rattled after the first drive.

Unfortunately Saturday will not be a road game for UGA. There will be close to 35000 UGA fans in BDS. Fromm will not get rattled, as we are one of the worst D's at putting pressure on the QB in the country. We don't make TFL's and I imagine you are going to see a game like 2009 where they just line up and run the ball right down our throats. Can we win, absolutely we can, but we are going to have to some big plays, not turn the ball over and get some help from UGA. We also have to have some semblance of a passing attack and limit three and outs.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Unfortunately Saturday will not be a road game for UGA. There will be close to 35000 UGA fans in BDS. Fromm will not get rattled, as we are one of the worst D's at putting pressure on the QB in the country. We don't make TFL's and I imagine you are going to see a game like 2009 where they just line up and run the ball right down our throats. Can we win, absolutely we can, but we are going to have to some big plays, not turn the ball over and get some help from UGA. We also have to have some semblance of a passing attack and limit three and outs.
I could not have put it any better than you did.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly it's always been that way at least since the 1970s.
Actually, if it plays out that way, it'll be the first time there's more red than Tech fans in the stadium. While it always looks bad, we have still outnumbered them in all years since I've been following in 2002. But this is certainly setting up to be a year where they have their best showing in the stadium, based on records and my general impression of a common defeatist attitude on this board going into today.