I'm still celebrating, but looking ahead...

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Of the next four teams the only one that really has me scared is Puke. I admit it; it appears I underestimated them. I thought that losing Cotrell and that good MLB would mean they would be much less effective. Looks like we can throw that one out the window.

But we can win all four and, if we continue to see JT improve, I think we will. Indeed, the only team I see on our horizon that we probably can't beat is Ugag and that's because it is over there. I think by the time we play Pitt JT will be the kind of QB who can beat you even he's having a really bad day. Or, at least, that's what it looks like so far.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Of the next four teams the only one that really has me scared is Puke. I admit it; it appears I underestimated them. I thought that losing Cotrell and that good MLB would mean they would be much less effective. Looks like we can throw that one out the window.

But we can win all four and, if we continue to see JT improve, I think we will. Indeed, the only team I see on our horizon that we probably can't beat is Ugag and that's because it is over there. I think by the time we play Pitt JT will be the kind of QB who can beat you even he's having a really bad day. Or, at least, that's what it looks like so far.

Not at all for me, I am confident vs Duke still.

Miami matches up well against us...big OL and Duke Johnson...they are going to run all game.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
The gods of sports frown upon looking ahead and punish accordingly. That being said, I don't see any team in our next 6 games who we can't beat handedly if healthy. We're going to get better with every game. Some of you guys are too pessimistic, enjoy our 4-0 high.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Miami D does not scare me this year. I don't think they are very quick / fast.
Duke Johnson is a good player when healthy. Their O will likely put up some points.
Our QB > their QB....5-0

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think the off week comes at a good time for us. We can heal some bumps and bruises then get ready for Miami. VT then Miami without an off week would be brutal.

My feeling is that we are not gonna blow out any good teams, but if we can limit penalties, tackle well, and play with the determination we did Saturday. we can beat anyone on the schedule.

If I am being honest, we are better than I thought we would be at this point. If we can just keep getting better with the young team we have, I will be happy.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

As I have said NC and NCS are head cases.They have good athletes but we are in their heads.Pitt looks better than last year and Clemson when they want to plays pretty tough..FSU game convinced me that they can just about beat anybody but again we play them tuff.Dook...........not so sure.Cutcliff has done a wonderful job in getting them to believe in themselves and they do throw the rock.Geoegie is good but we play them well no matter how good they are...........so I say we win eight at least and PJ is off hot seat unless we get killed by Georgie.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
We win Duke, Pitt, NC State & UNC without any full meltdowns. None of them have a D to slow us down in my opinion.

da U, Clem'sSon, & UVA will all be tough.

We will need a miracle (could happen) against gaggers.
Eight and four looks pretty easy to get to unless we get key injuries .........predicted this at first of year and folks thouhgt I had lost my mind.........they may have been right after first three games but we seem to be on a roll now.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I'm most worried about Clemson, their D looks legit, hopefully they clemson themselves on the flats. And fwiw, We actually have traditionally played ugag better at their place.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am really only interested in talking about Miami right now. They are having issues against the power run on defense. That isn't exactly how we roll, but I believe we will score often. They will be better on offense than VT. We will have to play well.

Animal02

Banned
Emotion plays a lot in the game, as was evident by the play of our 4 opponents so far.
The Duke Miami matchup this week makes for interesting dynamics for our next two games. If UM loses there third.....do they come to BDS down with little hope of winning the coastal? If they win they come in with their confidence back up? For Duke, a win, and a off week and they keep their belief that "football is back" The lose, do they come into BDS ready to prove they are not a fluke, or do they come in with "back to normal" Duke football.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I'm most worried about Clemson, their D looks legit, hopefully they clemson themselves on the flats. And fwiw, We actually have traditionally played ugag better at their place.
When Clemins want to play they........can play with anybody.Some will degrade them vs FSU but they played well.We do play them well and we do the same with Georgie so its too early to tell just what we will do but I think we play well with them

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not worried about uva. I think cpj is just smarter than Tenuta.

Tenuta vs the Option (LB coach or DC)
2-3
28.4 PPG allowed
386 yds offense
296 yds rushing (5.8 ypc)

Just as DC
0-2
29 PPG allowed
455 yds offense
391 yds rushing (6.8 ypc)

The 5 Games
2008 (ND vs Navy) - LB coach