I'm still celebrating, but looking ahead...

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
The next 5 games are all very interesting matchups for us... we could get to 8-0 or I could see us losing all 4, realistically.

Miami - they have had our number, but seem a bit down this year and will be coming off what should be a tough game against Duke. I see it as a 50/50, maybe a slight advantage being at home.

Duke - looks to be the best of the 4 teams on paper, they are 4-0 and looked strong against Tulane today, especially relative to how we played. It IS at home, and we've had their number for a while, so again I'd say it's a toss up, maybe 60/40 in my opinion just because of previous success.

@UNC - another opponent that CPJ has done very well against. Looks like they still can't play D after giving up 70 to ECU. They will be coming off a stretch of @ Clemson, VT and @Notre Dame, so at least they won't be well rested. Another toss up in my opinion, 60-40.

@ Pitt - we do not historically play well on the road and I'd expect this one to be really cold. They seem to be getting better and everyone seemed pretty high on them, but then they lost to Pitt today. Again, a toss up to me, I'd say 40-60 based on being on the road way up north and maybe seeing a letdown if we win 2 of 3 or better in that stretch above.

If we could go 2-2 here and be 6-2 going into UVa and NC St, whom I think we have great chances to beat both, I'd be ecstatic. That'd give us a really great chance at 8 wins. I think if you told anyone on this board we would win 8 going into today's game after the way the first 3 weeks went, they'd be happy. What do you expect out of this 4-week stretch and what would you consider to be a positive after 8 games?

Animal02

Banned
@ Pitt - we do not historically play well on the road and I'd expect this one to be really cold. They seem to be getting better and everyone seemed pretty high on them, but then they lost to Pitt today. Again, a toss up to me, I'd say 40-60 based on being on the road way up north and maybe seeing a letdown if we win 2 of 3 or better in that stretch above.

Unless there is a freak storm (and Pittsburgh is far south of the snow belt) the temperatures are pretty mild that time of year.......it gets colder at night, but doubt that will be a night game.
Also...Pitt average attendance is about the same as Tech's 49k+........that is a lot of empty seats in a pro stadium

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Unless there is a freak storm (and Pittsburgh is far south of the snow belt) the temperatures are pretty mild that time of year.......it gets colder at night, but doubt that will be a night game.
Also...Pitt average attendance is about the same as Tech's 49k+........that is a lot of empty seats in a pro stadium

That stadium only seats 55 or 60 iirc

Pitt is a power run team without a huge pass threat. I actually like our chances vs that if we can shore up our run fits. It's teams with a good pass threat that can also run that give D fits. Duke fits that category. So does Miami if Kayaa improves.....unc passes a ton but they just don't seem to match up well vs CPj teams

Animal02

Banned
That stadium only seats 55 or 60 iirc

Had to look it up - 65,500

Pitt is a power run team without a huge pass threat. I actually like our chances vs that if we can shore up our run fits. It's teams with a good pass threat that can also run that give D fits. Duke fits that category. So does Miami if Kayaa improves.....unc passes a ton but they just don't seem to match up well vs CPj teams
U like our chances in all the upcoming games.......Miami has schooled 31 or more in each of their games.....the D will need to step up again......and the O

Atomic Jacket

Banned
The next 5 games are all very interesting matchups for us... we could get to 8-0 or I could see us losing all 4, realistically.

Miami - they have had our number, but seem a bit down this year and will be coming off what should be a tough game against Duke. I see it as a 50/50, maybe a slight advantage being at home.

Duke - looks to be the best of the 4 teams on paper, they are 4-0 and looked strong against Tulane today, especially relative to how we played. It IS at home, and we've had their number for a while, so again I'd say it's a toss up, maybe 60/40 in my opinion just because of previous success.

@UNC - another opponent that CPJ has done very well against. Looks like they still can't play D after giving up 70 to ECU. They will be coming off a stretch of @ Clemson, VT and @Notre Dame, so at least they won't be well rested. Another toss up in my opinion, 60-40.

If we could go 2-2 here and be 6-2 going into UVa and NC St, whom I think we have great chances to beat both, I'd be ecstatic. That'd give us a really great chance at 8 wins. I think if you told anyone on this board we would win 8 going into today's game after the way the first 3 weeks went, they'd be happy. What do you expect out of this 4-week stretch and what would you consider to be a positive after 8 games?
Right now I see the Miami game as basically a toss-up, with Tech having a razor-thin advantage. That may change after the Duke-at-Miami game. I still see the key games as Duke, Miami, and at NC State. I think we'll win 2 out of 3 of those. I'm now thinking we'll get to 7 wins and keep the bowl streak alive.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I just want to see us improve over the off week. One game at a time.
That is the key...........we made and will make mistakes no matter if we win or lose and 13 penalties will kill you but you look at the film and get back to work on Monday.I think folks are right Dook and Clemson and GA are big games now if we beat Miami.I think we have good chance to post eight and four as I predicted first of the year.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I still don't get where all this fear of Pitt is coming from?
Watched them twice this year and they can throw the ball which scares me.They look pretty good on defense and have more speed and not fan of playingthem in yankee land.They look to be better than last year and last year was not a picnic

Mack

Helluva Engineer
After our last few years against VT, I'm enjoying this one.
It is so much fun to see the title "genius " hung on folks like Bud Foster...cant believe he sent a corner to blitz when its fourth and fifteeen.No genius in that move.Good win and we should win at least eight.PJ is safe for awhile.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Had to look it up - 65,500

U like our chances in all the upcoming games.......Miami has schooled 31 or more in each of their games.....the D will need to step up again......and the O

I am not saying we win but u have to watch Miami. With our offense we can control the clock and it helps the D. Yes. I like our chances in all the games. I am not saying we win all 4. I am saying none of these teams have anything glaring that I fear and quite honestly if this young team gets a notch of confidence from VT, fixes some easy errors I could see us blowing out Miami at home as a statement.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Right now I see the Miami game as basically a toss-up, with Tech having a razor-thin advantage. That may change after the Duke-at-Miami game. I still see the key games as Duke, Miami, and at NC State. I think we'll win 2 out of 3 of those. I'm now thinking we'll get to 7 wins and keep the bowl streak alive.

We only need 6 wins to get to a bowl FWIW.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
It is so much fun to see the title "genius " hung on folks like Bud Foster...cant believe he sent a corner to blitz when its fourth and fifteeen.No genius in that move.Good win and we should win at least eight.PJ is safe for awhile.

I loved that play call and can't help but think of that when I read that CPJ was "totally out schemed" by Foster. PJ lines up to run the same play that just resulted in a loss. Foster says "okay il. Run the same D." Enter Zach Laskey adjustment and Boom, first down.

That and the fact that we missed two wide open receivers for TDs and had a third called back on a penalty.

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Been saying eight and four and pJ keeps job .........think it will happen this way but long way to go !