I'm really sorry for Nessler and Daniels

Deleted member 2897

I have a friend locally who went to uGA. So in a disarmed sort of way since we know each other, he asked why and how a 3-9 team could make fun of a 11-2 team who nearly made the CFP. I said, imagine if Georgia Tech couldn’t play football worth a crap, so instead spent hundreds and hundreds of millions to try and become an elite school. And every year that new academic rankings came out we said “this will be the year”, yet we STILL couldn’t get anywhere despite pouring everything we had into it, uGA folks would laugh endlessly at us. This is akin to what they’ve done. For 134 straight years, they’ve never been the top school even in our own state. But if they can win football games, they gain an identity. They’ve just about sold their soul to the devil for it, and still can’t do it. I find it hilarious.

Milwaukee

Banned
I have a friend locally who went to uGA. So in a disarmed sort of way since we know each other, he asked why and how a 3-9 team could make fun of a 11-2 team who nearly made the CFP. I said, imagine if Georgia Tech couldn’t play football worth a crap, so instead spent hundreds and hundreds of millions to try and become an elite school. And every year that new academic rankings came out we said “this will be the year”, yet we STILL couldn’t get anywhere despite pouring everything we had into it, uGA folks would laugh endlessly at us. This is akin to what they’ve done. For 134 straight years, they’ve never been the top school even in our own state. But if they can win football games, they gain an identity. They’ve just about sold their soul to the devil for it, and still can’t do it. I find it hilarious.

But they own us in football. I don’t care what they do vs other teams. Being obsessed with them makes you look weak. Not you personally, but everyone with that obsession. I’ve always thought the Tech fans that laugh at UGA look very desperate, especially given how they’ve owned us for 2 decades now. Don’t get me wrong, once we start getting the better of them on the field I’ll start piling on them...but as it stands we should shut our mouths to them when it comes to football imo.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
But they own us in football. I don’t care what they do vs other teams. Being obsessed with them makes you look weak. Not you personally, but everyone with that obsession. I’ve always thought the Tech fans that laugh at UGA look very desperate, especially given how they’ve owned us for 2 decades now. Don’t get me wrong, once we start getting the better of them on the field I’ll start piling on them...but as it stands we should shut our mouths to them when it comes to football imo.
I'm not obsessed with them I just plain hate them. If hating them makes me weak then I guess I'm weak. Hell I hated them as a small kid before I knew anything about Tech. But you don't live down here so maybe you just have a dislike for them.

Milwaukee

Banned
I'm not obsessed with them I just plain hate them. If hating them makes me weak then I guess I'm weak. Hell I hated them as a small kid before I knew anything about Tech. But you don't live down here so maybe you just have a dislike for them.

I grew up there, I get the hate. They just don’t live in my head.

83jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I do in kind of a sick and demented way enjoy the absurdity of UGA fans. My father in law, who is the classic UGA sidewalk fan, has gone from Kirby being one of the top 3 coaches in college football to wanting him fired in less than 24 hours. He buys into the recruiting hype big time and had deluded himself into believing UGAG would shut down LSU’s offense.