If you're not going to the game this week, join us!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Everybody coming to chat needs to bring a dish and/or a beverage to share.

I'm bringing smoked ham hock collards and cheddar jalepeño cornbread.
Can I bring my invaluable insight, wit and charm?

Btw, I cook my collards in salt pork drippings along with chicken stock, hot pepper vinegar and dash or 3 of Lousiana's finest. The crunchy salt pork goes on top when all is said and done. The cornbread you mentioned is makin' my mouth water as I type.

Last edited:

GTech63

Helluva Engineer

Btw, I cook my collards in salt pork drippings along with chicken stock, hot pepper vinegar and dash or 3 of Lousiana's finest. The crunchy salt pork goes on top when all is said and done. The cornbread you mentioned is makin' my mouth water as I type.
My mouth is watering. Who would have room for desert with those kinds of offerings.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I will definitely try to join the chat. I guess I'd better get up early and fire up my smoker so I can bring the baby backs...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

dude, your making me crazy with that

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I'm kinda meh on your wit and charm. Insight's a little over-valued too. ;)

I'll be sure to grace you all with my presence in the chat although I only tuned in right before halftime last week. Seeing as how we turned it on right after that point it's clear I need to be front-and-center from minute 1.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

FYI, "invaluable" does not mean "not valuable," as your initial question seems to assume. It's an easy mistake to make. The better word for what you mean, a word which has a similar etymology, is "worthless." And the answer is, "no." (y)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Try adding some garlic and sun dried tomatoes. That's what my wife does with a similar base.