If We Were Told We Would Be 1-1 After UCF and FSU, We All Would Have Taken It

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
If someone told you we would be 1-1 after FSU and UCF before the season started we all would have taken that. There has been some doom and gloom after the UCF game but I was proud with how hard we played. The guys did not give up against a more experienced and successful team. There’s a ton of football left. Anyone remember how 2014 started? I do!

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
I am not doom and gloom. We got royally screwed by injuries (or Covid) to key players on the team, the refs were out to help UCF any way they good, and we had freshmen mistakes. Two of those we couldn't control. We are a young, good team and I think had we had just one of those things not affecting us we win that game against UCF.

I think we win at least 5+ games the rest of this year.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Now that I’ve had two full days or so to brush off the loss, I’m ready for the next game.

I’ll admit, my knee jerk reactions to a loss are extremely poor. I gripe a lot, ***** and moan about everything. But I’m ready for Syracuse and to see how the team develops.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting 0 - 2, so I can't complain. I did think the FSU game would be close and it was. I thought we'd get beat by UCF, but I didn't think it would be by more then 10 or so.

Now, let's get to 2 - 1. And let's not get too confident; it isn't as if the Orange don't have talent enough to win. They haven't put it together so far, but neither have we. Soooooo … let's hope we do it first.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
2-1 through the first 3 is what we needed and we’ve got that with a W Saturday.

The middle stretch is brutal with the 2 best teams and 3 best OLs we’ll see all year (Clemson/ND/BC) + a UL team thag can light up the scoreboard. 2-2 would be the hope there. But 1-3 might be more realistic unless we catch a good string of health/breaks.

And then a very manageable final stretch with 3 bad offenses + Miami. Need 3-1 there.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Of course. And, despite the score, I think the UCF game was way closer than it ended up. If we keep our heads on, our chins up and our knickers knicked we'll be able to win against the frozen pumpkins and head into the Bye week in great shape.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Beat Cuse, get to 2-1 and use the bye to get healthy, work on corrective things and hopefully stay Covid free and we should be able to beat Louisville. They’re a UCF lite. That’s 3-1 heading into the Clemson game. Could’ve really ask for a better start.
As far as the UCF game goes, I really can’t say I was to upset. The game was closer than the score showed and offensively we still look good minus the Fr mistakes. Those are correctable.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Once we beat Syracuse the season gets back on track. After seeing Louisville get beat pretty good by Miami we definitely got a chance

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
Once we beat Syracuse the season gets back on track. After seeing Louisville get beat pretty good by Miami we definitely got a chance
Miami ran on them pretty easily and did some quick throws to the RB out of the backfield that went for big yards. Both of those play to Sims advantage and I could see us scoring a lot against Louisville.