If we were to make a bowl game which five did we win?

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So the way it looks right now we're going to miss a bowl game for the third time in four years. There's still nine games left, so it sounds silly, but just given how we've played I don't see how we can win five of the last nine. That said, let's assume Tech could possibly pull it together and win five more games with all the mess we've seen on game day. Mine are:

Bowling Green
Duke
UNC
Miami
Virginia

...and I feel like we're going to have to make some significant strides to pull that off...but it's possible.

Honestly, I just don't see us winning a road game against a competent team...the good news is that we play UNC up there, and they might be the worst team left on the schedule. I do think we can win our remaining home games...if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot. The Miami game is the one that seems like a stretch...but you guys know how Tech goes. We can beat someone we aren't supposed to (please let it be Clemson or Georgia)

What are your five wins?

Animal02

Banned
So the way it looks right now we're going to miss a bowl game for the third time in four years. There's still nine games left, so it sounds silly, but just given how we've played I don't see how we can win five of the last nine. That said, let's assume Tech could possibly pull it together and win five more games with all the mess we've seen on game day. Mine are:

Bowling Green
Duke
UNC
Miami
Virginia

...and I feel like we're going to have to make some significant strides to pull that off...but it's possible.

Honestly, I just don't see us winning a road game against a competent team...the good news is that we play UNC up there, and they might be the worst team left on the schedule. I do think we can win our remaining home games...if we stop shooting ourselves in the foot. The Miami game is the one that seems like a stretch...but you guys know how Tech goes. We can beat someone we aren't supposed to (please let it be Clemson or Georgia)

What are your five wins?
Those would be it, with a possible upset of VT.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I have the same 5 as you OP. Personally don’t care too much about the Flying **** Bowl but it’s an extra GT game to watch I guess.

We haven’t been shooting ourselves in the foot either IMO. This team is flat out just not talented or developed. You’re really seeing how badly not having a kicking game hurts. The offense feels pressured to pound it in every time we get within the 30. You can’t win 6 games without a place kicker. It’s gonna cost us approx 7-10 points a game between 4th down attempts and momentum swings and field goals we should have had.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Losing to Pitt the way we did... Not sure we can get to 6 wins..... This is looking much like the 2015 season...we should win Bowling Green....but I am not so sure we can win agaisnt any ACC teams... maybe UNC.... Going to be a very long year

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I have the same 5 as you OP. Personally don’t care too much about the Flying **** Bowl but it’s an extra GT game to watch I guess.

We haven’t been shooting ourselves in the foot either IMO. This team is flat out just not talented or developed. You’re really seeing how badly not having a kicking game hurts. The offense feels pressured to pound it in every time we get within the 30. You can’t win 6 games without a place kicker. It’s gonna cost us approx 7-10 points a game between 4th down attempts and momentum swings and field goals we should have had.

Add in no passing threat or confidence by the coach to call a Pass play other than on obvious passing situations.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
First I'm still pissed but this is what I see our next 5 wins .
1) Bowling Green
2) UVa
I would like to see UNC but it's a road game so at this time I can't count it'
3) Citadel 2019
4) Garden-Webb 2020
5) Kennesaw State 2021

Have to at least admit that Tech will win one they are not supposed to. It seems they play better when predicted to lose (favored the last 2 games).

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
IF , and to me it is a HUGE IF, we were to make a bowl , the 5 I would pick , in increasingly more difficult order are:
Bowling Green
Virginia
UNC ( tossup )
Louisville ( less than 50% chance )
Duke ( less than 50% chance )
Miami ( less than 50% )
Va. Tech ( less than 40% chance)
Clemson ( less than 25% chance )
UGA ( less than 25 % chance )
Most likely scenario 4-8 = no bowl.
However, we MAY win one ( Duke/ Va Tech ) we won't be expected to win AND lose one ( UNC ) we probably should have won.
Wish it weren't so.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
IF , and to me it is a HUGE IF, we were to make a bowl , the 5 I would pick , in increasingly more difficult order are:
Bowling Green
Virginia
UNC ( tossup )
Louisville ( less than 50% chance )
Duke ( less than 50% chance )
Miami ( less than 50% )
Va. Tech ( less than 40% chance)
Clemson ( less than 25% chance )
UGA ( less than 25 % chance )
Most likely scenario 4-8 = no bowl.
However, we MAY win one ( Duke/ Va Tech ) we won't be expected to win AND lose one ( UNC ) we probably should have won.
Wish it weren't so.
The last 3 are a little high but I hope you are right

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Man you guys suck at staying on topic. The point of the post was "If we were to make a bowl game, what five games did we win" ...call it predict the miracle if you want to, but that's what I want you guys to answer. If you want to ***** and moan go back to the other thread.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Man you guys suck at staying on topic. The point of the post was "If we were to make a bowl game, what five games did we win" ...call it predict the miracle if you want to, but that's what I want you guys to answer. If you want to ***** and moan go back to the other thread.
This team can win any game but Clemson and UGA. If they play like we think they can all the rest they can win. Will they, I wish the answer was yes but I don't know.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Alllrighty then......
BGU, UVA, UNC, Louisville, Duke
Sheesh .......

LibertyTurns

Banned
First I'm still pissed but this is what I see our next 5 wins .
1) Bowling Green
2) UVa
I would like to see UNC but it's a road game so at this time I can't count it'
3) Citadel 2019
4) Garden-Webb 2020
5) Kennesaw State 2021
Wanna bet? I could use the money.

I’ll take we’ve got 5 wins by Citadel next year. We’re going to see a new QB for BG & that will be all it takes to get to 6 wins this year.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
We’re not seeing 6 wins with Tobias Oliver lol. We have no idea if he can throw the ball and I don’t think he can kick FGs.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If I’ve learned anything from watching GT football it’s that any game can be won even in a bad year. I said it after USF game and I’ll say it again, this team isn’t far off, I know I know, call me crazy but I believe it. The issue right now isn’t us getting man handled, but it’s self inflicted stuff. Now, if that will change is the big question, and based on what I’ve seen it doesn’t look to be so.

Imo by the look of things, the team just doesn’t look like they “want it” for a lack of terms because I believe they do want it, that’s just the only way I can think of to describe it. If things change and the guys start playing better I won’t be surprised and if things stay the same way I won’t be surprised. With that being said, I think your list @bke1984 is what I’d pick as well, although we seem to have VT’s number as of lately.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure why people are freaked out about UNC. They lost to ECU by 22 points. The same ECU lost to North Carolina A&T the week prior.
My six(for 7 wins):
BG
Duke
UNC
UVA
Two of Louisville, Miami, VT, Clemson, ugag.
Miami is just wack. Very overrated IMO. VT will be a battle as always, and Louisville will be close too. Clemson and ugag would be on the lower probability side, but I could see winning one of them.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If I’ve learned anything from watching GT football it’s that any game can be won even in a bad year. I said it after USF game and I’ll say it again, this team isn’t far off, I know I know, call me crazy but I believe it. The issue right now isn’t us getting man handled, but it’s self inflicted stuff. Now, if that will change is the big question, and based on what I’ve seen it doesn’t look to be so.

Imo by the look of things, the team just doesn’t look like they “want it” for a lack of terms because I believe they do want it, that’s just the only way I can think of to describe it. If things change and the guys start playing better I won’t be surprised and if things stay the same way I won’t be surprised. With that being said, I think your list @bke1984 is what I’d pick as well, although we seem to have VT’s number as of lately.

Edit: I think we can beat Louisville too, might have a better chance at them rather than duke actually, mainly because of Dukes defense playing us and Louisville hasn’t faced us.