If TStan is fired/resigns… what AD do we hire?

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Not many people discuss this since rightfully so, Collins is all the talk, but if TStan goes, we kinda need a good AD to replace him.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Not many people discuss this since rightfully so, Collins is all the talk, but if TStan goes, we kinda need a good AD to replace him.

The reason people don't talk about it is because unlike coaches most people don't even pretend to understand all of what it takes to be an AD and unlike coaches most, including myself, couldn't name many ADs or assistant ADs.

candrewk

Georgia Tech Fan
Hot take: firing Stansbury would be even more stupid than firing Collins. Stansbury has done a lot for historically underfunded sports like Volleyball and Swimming. We’ve risen over two dozen spots in the Presidents cup in the past decade. Easily his biggest sin was the length of Pastner’s extension, not anything to do with Collins or the football program

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Hot take: firing Stansbury would be even more stupid than firing Collins. Stansbury has done a lot for historically underfunded sports like Volleyball and Swimming. We’ve risen over two dozen spots in the Presidents cup in the past decade. Easily his biggest sin was the length of Pastner’s extension, not anything to do with Collins or the football program

Get ready….

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Alright, Geoff.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I still think TStan has done amazing outside of football. Give him a chance to remedy football (provided it’s not keep Collins) and he’s doing great.
Does the good job outside of football replace the millions lost in CGC's horrible contract and ticket sales?

I don't think it does, personally. While we are doing better in some other sports, they are not revenue-generating and do not get the program anywhere as a whole. I wish things were different but that is just the way it is.

Football and basketball have both been pretty rough under TStan in the grand scheme of things.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The reason people don't talk about it is because unlike coaches most people don't even pretend to understand all of what it takes to be an AD and unlike coaches most, including myself, couldn't name many ADs or assistant ADs.
You mean like Charlie Cobb? Yeah, fans that only watch the games can't name any ADs. those watching programs rise & fall can name a bunch right off the top of their heads.

Not knowing who's on the short list of potential GT hires is just another built in excuse for why we can nenver be successful. We don't know who to hire.