If this doesn't put a smile on your face. . . . .

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
UNC is 1-4 with Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Miami, and NCST left to go. UVA might beat them. It is not realistic, but I get greedy, hoping the Tarheels can muster something and give us some help with the Canes and Hokies. Probably not. Dare to dream.
I think UNC could possibly be a 2-10 team. The Tarholes are a M.A.S.H unit this season.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Almost felt bad for Fedora in the sidelines. You can tell he just has nothing to work with. They've lost a ton of players graduating the past 2 years and I know they have quite a few injuries but I thought their recruiting was supposedly on the upswing the past few years. Where is all that talent they supposedly have?

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Same number of wins for Carolina in Atlanta as we have against uga in Atlanta in the same time period. Need to maintain the former and fox the latter.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Almost felt bad for Fedora in the sidelines. You can tell he just has nothing to work with. They've lost a ton of players graduating the past 2 years and I know they have quite a few injuries but I thought their recruiting was supposedly on the upswing the past few years. Where is all that talent they supposedly have?
Never EVER feel bad for the Tarholes. I hope they don't win another game in any sport.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
They’re like us in ‘15. Lost 8 players to NFL, 13 players are out for the season, 8 of which were projected to be starters.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Goinng back to O'Leary and even Gailey's era's, we held our own against UNC, Duke, NCSU, and Wake. Controlling most of the games with Tobacco Rd schools, helped elevate GT.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

They’re like us in ‘15. Lost 8 players to NFL, 13 players are out for the season, 8 of which were projected to be starters.

Meh, not really like us. We run. That's what we do. 90% of the time. And we lost something like the top 6 running backs on our depth chart. Theirs are scattered all around. Imagine if you were a run and shoot that passed 90% of the time and you lost your top 6 receivers. They are playing with tons of players that were in the 2 deep. Imagine a run oriented team like Georgia Tech, and we were playing with guys who were #7-10 on the depth chart. Sure, its no fun for them but all these guys shouldn't be clueless - you shouldn't be #2 on the depth chart and be completely incompetent.

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Meh, not really like us. We run. That's what we do. 90% of the time. And we lost something like the top 6 running backs on our depth chart. Theirs are scattered all around. Imagine if you were a run and shoot that passed 90% of the time and you lost your top 6 receivers. They are playing with tons of players that were in the 2 deep. Imagine a run oriented team like Georgia Tech, and we were playing with guys who were #7-10 on the depth chart. Sure, its no fun for them but all these guys shouldn't be clueless - you shouldn't be #2 on the depth chart and be completely incompetent.
Look at what we have lost at B Back and OL since last November due to dismissal, injury, and transfers. We were down to 5 OL last Saturday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Your mind is rite, sir.

Hey, can anyone confirm the Holes purposely cut blocked on their first offensive play from scrimmage as kind of an f-u to our blocking scheme? Can recall where I read that.
Just went back and watched. Looks like the play in question was on the second play. Half the line cut.

upload_2017-10-3_12-49-36.png

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Hurt. This is their Tech 2015 season. If they had all the players suited up they still would have problems because they are not sound on D. But they weren't all that slick over there last year. It's their O side that's really hurting.

stpetewreck

Georgia Tech Fan

I always think about the fact that we were still competitive in almost every one of our 2015 losses. Let's see how competitive UNC is in their losses this year...

LibertyTurns

Banned
I always think about the fact that we were still competitive in almost every one of our 2015 losses. Let's see how competitive UNC is in their losses this year...
Maybe 2015 happening the way it did was a good thing? We seem to be more of a team this year and last.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One win for Carolina in Atlanta in twenty years. I did not know that.

I don't think our younger fans get our feelings towards Uva and UNC. Those used to be places that were impossible for Tech to get wins. Even a dominant and NC GT team couldn't win against a so-so Tar Heel team in Keenan. I am sure that there are younger (<35) UF fans who don't quite get their older fans hatred of Uga. For you younger folks, believe it or not there was a time that UF couldn't beat Uga, no matter how good/bad either team was at the time of kickoff. Spurrier completely flipped the script so now it is the polar opposite. But I can remember a long stretch where beating UNC was tough for us no matter the venue.