IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Bama couldn't hold on. Now we get to hear those Turds loud and proud for the next year.......sigh.
For the next year? After 1980 we heard about it all the way up to Tech winning the natty in 1990. I knew a lot of uga fans who were pulling hard for Nebraska. And uga’s coach voted Tech as low in the polls as he could to try to counteract the coaches who voted Tech number one.

No, don’t expect gracious victors any time soon.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
And our own were bowing down to the PC crowd. When will they learn that it won't be reciprocated?

( Sent from AJC News )

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Listen up guys. UGA is going to win or compete for nattys for the next 10 years. Sucks but Facts.
I mean, obviously. They were an overtime miracle from winning it all in 2017. They spend more on recruiting than anyone in the country, and play in one of the weakest divisions in major college football. I’d say probably only the ACC Coastal PAC 12 North are weaker. Saban is getting older and probably won’t hang around for more than a couple more years, and Alabama is currently their only peer. Ohio State is seemingly falling out of favor with Ryan Day. Harbaugh will never be able to recruit at the level of the southern schools at Michigan. Dabo’s gotta replace his whole staff and they won’t be able to compete for much longer in the big money game. The only hope to compete on their level is for A&M to take Bama’s place in the West when Saban finally gives it up, or for Lincoln Riley to create a powerhouse at USC. Either way I fully expect UGA to win at least 1 more natty in the next 10 years, and it’s probably a safe bet to say they’ll play for multiple more.

They have 6 players signed and 2 more committed from the state of Georgia in the 2022 class all higher ranked than our highest commit (who isn’t even signed yet) in Janiran Bonner who’s ranked #23. In 2021 they had 8 more sign from in-state ranked higher than our best player from that class, Leo Blackburn, who has yet to even see a snap. Georgia has moved into the elite of the elite. Unless they have some sort of significant internal issues soon, they will never slow down, and since Kirby is still very young for a HC in his 6th year, they will probably dominate for a long, long time.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm so sorry for you guys. devastating.

I don't think it is devasting at all. More like inevitable. What you saw last night were two schools committed to doing well (winning NC's) at FB. GT and the like (which is the ACC teams minus Clemson and really most other schools) hope to do well at it. There is a huge difference in the two.

superjacket21

Georgia Tech Fan
And our own were bowing down to the PC crowd. When will they learn that it won't be reciprocated?

( Sent from AJC News )
Geoff Duncan is the most spineless human in the entire state of Georgia

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think it is devasting at all. More like inevitable. What you saw last night were two schools committed to doing well (winning NC's) at FB. GT and the like (which is the ACC teams minus Clemson and really most other schools) hope to do well at it. There is a huge difference in the two.
This! We have to accept the fact that GT and uGA have different priorities when it comes to football. uGA invests in football like GT does research. This isn't changing any time soon and school comparisons will each category will favor the respective on that prioritizes one subject over the other.

uGA winning the natty does nothing to the perception of georgia vs. GT in the eyes of recruits, high school coaches, and sidewalk college football fans. uGA has been knocking on the door of a championship for quite some time while we have not. This is only devastating if tech fans allow it to get to them. Personally, not beating them since 2016 hurts way more than uGA winning a game that we were not playing in. Lets just hope we can beat the defending national champions next year

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
This is correct.

If you REALLY want to win at GT, you will have to find a way to mimic what the big boys are doing (because it works). Alabama, LSU, Georgia...all with huge funding, huge fan bases and absolutely no academic impediments to recruiting the best athletes.

Only other way is to try to gimmick your way to the top. We tried that and half of our own fan base hated it.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Guys just remember the key to winning a NC is having a Saban protege 😉

But for real it's not just Tech thats suffering right now. I honestly believe what's happened is that most schools have stayed pretty level aside from a handful of schools that have realized they need to cater to football and pumped massive amounts of money and funding into their programs.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
This is correct.

If you REALLY want to win at GT, you will have to find a way to mimic what the big boys are doing (because it works). Alabama, LSU, Georgia...all with huge funding, huge fan bases and absolutely no academic impediments to recruiting the best athletes.

Only other way is to try to gimmick your way to the top. We tried that and half of our own fan base hated it.
This game just reminds me that we are in a different universe than the DWAGS in FOOTBALL. In most other sports we are pretty competitive. Volleyball, basketball, baseball and golf we are equal or even better at this time. We have coaches in those sports - especially WBB, volleyball, baseball and golf who have teams that are relevant on the national scene- that are WINNERS. They recruit well, they coach up, the players are engaged , committed and tuned in to what they are supposed to do on the court/field.
For us to even start being competitive in football, we must have a coaching staff that is not learning on the job, but brings an established record of success , if not at the HC level then at every coach below him. This coming year is critical, IMO, that we show significant progress. We have been barely treading water for the last 3 years while we slide from relevance , even in our own state.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
This game just reminds me that we are in a different universe than the DWAGS in FOOTBALL. In most other sports we are pretty competitive. Volleyball, basketball, baseball and golf we are equal or even better at this time. We have coaches in those sports - especially WBB, volleyball, baseball and golf who have teams that are relevant on the national scene- that are WINNERS. They recruit well, they coach up, the players are engaged , committed and tuned in to what they are supposed to do on the court/field.
For us to even start being competitive in football, we must have a coaching staff that is not learning on the job, but brings an established record of success , if not at the HC level then at every coach below him. This coming year is critical, IMO, that we show significant progress. We have been barely treading water for the last 3 years while we slide from relevance , even in our own state.
Most sports you mentioned actually have student athletes. Football at the factories might as well be NFL Lite.