IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Not gonna affect my life one way or another. Giving someone room in your head rent free every time something good happens to them is a recipe for misery.

GT fans need to focus on GT.

Sooooo much this. If the Dwags lose, tons of Tech fans will ride the coattails of Bama which Ugag fans will actually enjoy as it shows the true gulf between our programs. Do not give them that pleasure.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
As I've said before, the only outcome for any game between Bama and Ugag that would satisfy me is if both teams and coaching staffs came down with uncontrollable diarrhea as they ran onto the field and had to retreat in haste to their locker rooms with the game forfeited. But no such luck so far.

I think it'll be more of a tossup this time, but that's what I thought before. Bama has better O talent and Ugag has better on D, albeit just barely. And, to be frank, I could care less about the outcome. I care about Tech games, not this "national championship" foolishness.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Of course I always want the Jackets to win but how could you not root for Stetson Bennett IV based on his story and what he has been through.
Nothing against the young man, but 80% of their fans make it untenable to root for UGAG. I don’t care if Gandhi was the QB.

Bammer fans are very similar (I’m married to one), but their obnoxious behavior is backed up with decade after decade of NC’s.

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
Nothing against the young man, but 80% of their fans make it untenable to root for UGAG. I don’t care if Gandhi was the QB.
I understand that completely as I live in Oconee County 10 miles from Athens and can attest to their behavior but I have struggled with pulling for them against Alabama. I would like to see the young man silence the doubters he has heard all season and his career. It's a good story. He's the ultimate little brother who has climbed out of that shadow to succeed.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Of course I always want the Jackets to win but how could you not root for Stetson Bennett IV based on his story and what he has been through.

I said years ago when Stetson committed to UGA as a walk on that he was a really good player...and a better passer than what GT had on the roster at the time (it was during the latter part of the CPJ years where we struggled to sign legit passing QBs). Some of the posters on here were pretty livid about that...LOL. I get as a GT fan we are indoctrinated to hate UGA, and really, 90% of their fan base makes it easy. However, hate for UGA shouldn't make us blind to what's going on.

Well, fast forward to now, and Stetson in fact is every bit as good as I said all those years ago. The font I got into an argument with about Stetson is now banned...so unfortunately I can't be petty and call him out...or was that a petty call out? :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m so sick of the obsession with UGA our fans have. I would rather us be good and beat them then gloat when they lose to others. They don’t think about Tech at all, It’s just sad. The last thing on their mind during and after that game will be the reaction of Tech fans, yet 99% of our fans will cheer harder for Bama then they did for Tech this past season.
I couldn't agree with this more. Our fan base seems more georgia haters than tech fans. When our team is as bad as they have been recently, it just adds an even more pathetic feeling. Combine that with the fact that COFH is more of an afterthought to uga and it is just sad...

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If GT athletics gave their fans a reason to focus on just GT we’d all be thrilled. But GT athletics that actually use to bring people to campus and make money are both a dumpster fire. We haven’t had a legit hoops coach in forever. We haven’t won a P5 game on campus in 10 months in hoops. We haven’t won a P5 game in Bobby Dodd since 2020. What is their to focus on? A transfer from Akron? Watching our best player portal out? Watching our freshmen hoops players throw up bricks?

We have it bad enough by having a school that doesn’t care about sports. Having the national champ across the street is just salt in the wound. Go Bama!

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
With all respect to my son , a uga grad, it's not my distaste for ugag fans as it is for the local media. Every media outlet now is the " official " station for the ga bulldogs! They go all out for over the top coverage. Nothing would give me more satisfaction than bama beating them just like the sec championship!!!!! GO BAMA!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If GT athletics gave their fans a reason to focus on just GT we’d all be thrilled. But GT athletics that actually use to bring people to campus and make money are both a dumpster fire. We haven’t had a legit hoops coach in forever. We haven’t won a P5 game on campus in 10 months in hoops. We haven’t won a P5 game in Bobby Dodd since 2020. What is their to focus on? A transfer from Akron? Watching our best player portal out? Watching our freshmen hoops players throw up bricks?

We have it bad enough by having a school that doesn’t care about sports. Having the national champ across the street is just salt in the wound. Go Bama!

Focus on GT baseball, women's basketball & volleyball. As to FB & MBB, this too shall pass.

Go Bama.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll watch because I love college football. I won't shed a tear if the mutts lose, but I don't see how it changes anything being a Tech fan if they win. 2016 at this point seems like 20 years ago!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'll watch because I love college football.

I am not sure that it is college FB. I have to say though it appears that the schools that have the resolve and the finances to excel have distanced themselves from the pack. I have said for 50 years that we dabble in athletics. I have never believed it anymore than I do currently. We (GT fans) have always blamed middle management (coaches and AD's) for our situation. The problem is above their level....and we will continue to churn through the middle managers in an attempt to placate the angry mob outside the castle gate. It's what all schools with similar vision (or lack thereof)) do.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Monday night. I’m afraid to watch. It’s hard to beat a good team twice.

If the unthinkable happens Monday night what will you do to cope? Remember, if the unthinkable happens we will be hearing about it and seeing clips of it for years. It will be even harder to live in this state. It will be bad.

What’re ya gonna do?
I’ve gotten to the point in my life where I’m not going to give a ****. They’ve done what it takes to get to that top shelf where 5-7 teams belong and we’ll never get there. I’m more concerned with how we can improve our lot. It’s a waste of time worrying about those *******s.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Bottom line for those of us who live in Georgia - it will suck. It will be in our face for years. And the Braves WS win will never be discussed without bringing up UGA. They’ll be tied together forever.

This is what sucks to me. As a tech fan, or really for anyone who’s not a UGA fan that’s a Braves fan, having those two championships tied together and always talked about together will be obnoxious and kind of suck. It definitely will happen, too(if they win).

Also, I don’t let UGA’s success put me in a bad mood, but some of these posts are so “holier than thou”. Part of the fun of rivalries in sports is having a team to hate and always root against. If North Korea fielded a football team, I’d root for them over UGA. It’s funny.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is what sucks to me. As a tech fan, or really for anyone who’s not a UGA fan that’s a Braves fan, having those two championships tied together and always talked about together will be obnoxious and kind of suck. It definitely will happen, too(if they win).

Also, I don’t let UGA’s success put me in a bad mood, but some of these posts are so “holier than thou”. Part of the fun of rivalries in sports is having a team to hate and always root against. If North Korea fielded a football team, I’d root for them over UGA. It’s funny.
I agree. The fun of sports is to root for your team and against the enemy. That’s what makes it special - rivalries. If GT were playing the dogs would all be rooting for Bama. And that’s how it should be.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I agree. The fun of sports is to root for your team and against the enemy. That’s what makes it special - rivalries. If GT were playing the dogs would all be rooting for Bama. And that’s how it should be.
I don’t like Bama.
I despise UGA.
There is no good outcome Monday night.
I’ll be “rooting” for the lesser of evils.
I hate UGA even more for making me root for Bama.
I’ll feel dirty / ashamed if Bama wins.
I’ll be angry / disgusted if UGA wins.
If we were an 11 win ACC champ, I would feel exactly the same about this upcoming game.
Hating UGA has nothing to do with Tech’s successes or failures.
Rooting for Tech is not predicated on Tech’s successes or failures.