if tech was in the national championship game....

which team would you like to be playing against?

• georgia

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • alabama

Votes: 57 45.2%
  • miami

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • auburn

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • notre dame

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • ohio state

Votes: 13 10.3%
  • michigan

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • oklahoma

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • florida state

Votes: 6 4.8%
  • other

Votes: 10 7.9%

• Total voters

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Nick Saben has been quoted as saying how badly they played against GA Southern's Triple Option Offense a few years back and he doesn't want to play against it again...It's always great to beat the SEC, and if Bama is their top dog, then by all means, let it be them (after we beat Ohio State in the Semi; can you imagine Urban Meyer vs. Paul Johnson?).

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
I would love to play Michigan. I am not a Michigan fan, but like what Harbaugh is creating. If Tech wins the national championship there will be no question on its validity. It is not easy to make it there. Ask the many schools FBS schools that have never been there.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Candidly if Tech was in the championship game I wouldn't care who they were playing since it would mean we beat the dwags and probably everyone else on our schedule. Perfection would be for Bama to lose to FSU but run the table thereafter winning the SEC and making it to the championship only to have us kick their butt again.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm imagining my wife's face and reaction to....yeah tix were kinda expensive to the ACCCG....and even more expensive for the playoff game and airfare....and yes these tix are even more expensive....but at least I don't have to fly anywhere....

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Candidly if Tech was in the championship game I wouldn't care who they were playing since it would mean we beat the dwags and probably everyone else on our schedule.......
I agree with your post. I especially agree with the fact that it means we probably beat everyone else. I say that because we could lose one game, say it's to Clemson by a score of 28 to 27, and ESPN etal would say that proves the ACC is down and so 2 SEC teams with records of 9-3 ( with two of the three losses being to ACC teams) should be in.