If Tech Was Consistently Ranked in Top 25 for Recruiting….

Gtmamn61

Georgia Tech Fan
under CPJ, what would our expected team ranking be? Top 25? Top 20? Top 15? What would be our expectations?

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Let's see the last time CPJ had top 20 talent available to him Tech won 20 games in 2 years with an ACC Championship thrown in. IMO it's not unreasonable to assume with the same or a better level of talent available Tech would be consistently in the top 15. The trick is getting that level of talent available for his use on the Flats!

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
If we just cracked the Top 25 or got close like in the high 20s or low 30s on a regular basis it would help tremendously imo.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ were consistently recruiting in the 20-30 range, we would consistently win our division. Just look at what he's doing with the talent we have now, which isn't much. The guy can flat coach, especially if he has the talent.

That's the rub though. Can he get that talent?

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
If CPJ were consistently recruiting in the 20-30 range, we would consistently win our division. Just look at what he's doing with the talent we have now, which isn't much. The guy can flat coach, especially if he has the talent.

That's the rub though. Can he get that talent?
Jmo here but I feel like if the GT brand was marketed better it would push our recruiting to the next level. Regardless of who the coach is.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Branding and Marketing is our weakness. I think this is why we hired Mbob as AD. I believe when I was reading up on him that this was one of his strengths at Xavier. Hope it works out, Lots of potential that is yet to be tapped into. Top 25 recruiting classes would have us on the level around top 15 or so...

Gtmamn61

Georgia Tech Fan
So with the addition of recruiting slots, is this an achievable goal? Have the actual hires been made?Interesting point about our new AD. Nice to know that is a strength.

foggy

Georgia Tech Fan
Cobb, I doubt you are smart enough to understand, but most (not all) of our opponents have figured out our so called O, similar to the way opponents of Neb, Tex, Ok and Tex A&M did when they played the O and soon there after they (all of them) dropped the TO. So you tell me and tell the world how with lesser talent we can be a consistent winner with this O.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Well statistically speaking we were about where we are normally rushing wise and scoring wise this past season with a slight drop in passing efficiency and yardage using a QB (no offense to Vad as I was and still am a fan of his) that didn't buy into our system. He didn't run our O the way it is meant to be run. With top 25 recruiting classes there is no way we aren't consistently a 9-10 win team. Still don't think teams have "figured out" how to stop our O (except maybe Bud Foster) we just haven't had the 1-8 type guys to run it. If we were running a pro style offense or a west coast offense we would be saying the same dang thing.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Foggy; Nebraska didn't run the triple option.
They ran a double option-centered offense based around a trap fake.

They had a package in the late 90s and early 2000s that resembled the PJ offense in formation but was still essentially a double option offense.