1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

If Tech Was Consistently Ranked in Top 25 for Recruiting….

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Gtmamn61, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Gtmamn61

Gtmamn61 Jolly Good Fellow

under CPJ, what would our expected team ranking be? Top 25? Top 20? Top 15? What would be our expectations?

2. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

Top 5

ybeenormal and AE 87 like this.
  3. jayparr

jayparr Helluva Engineer

With the to offense that we run, and c roof I believe top 25 very consistently with some in the top 15!

4. TheTaxJacket

TheTaxJacket Helluva Engineer

Stop it. You are going to drive yourself crazy.

bat_082994 likes this.
  5. Gtmamn61

Too late…...

bat_082994 likes this.
  6. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Helluva Engineer

We would be beating the mutts more often.

IronJacket7 likes this.
  7. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

And VPI, Miami, and Clemson (although we have had their number up until the last 2 years)

IronJacket7 likes this.
  8. foggy

foggy Georgia Tech Fan

7-5 or 7-6 as usual!

9. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Let's see the last time CPJ had top 20 talent available to him Tech won 20 games in 2 years with an ACC Championship thrown in. IMO it's not unreasonable to assume with the same or a better level of talent available Tech would be consistently in the top 15. The trick is getting that level of talent available for his use on the Flats!

IronJacket7 likes this.
  10. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

If we just cracked the Top 25 or got close like in the high 20s or low 30s on a regular basis it would help tremendously imo.

awbuzz likes this.
  11. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

If CPJ were consistently recruiting in the 20-30 range, we would consistently win our division. Just look at what he's doing with the talent we have now, which isn't much. The guy can flat coach, especially if he has the talent.

That's the rub though. Can he get that talent?

12. CobbTech

CobbTech Helluva Engineer

Yeah this makes sense. Better players on the field than we do now and have the same results? Makes a lot of sense. Your hatred for him is laughable.

Squints likes this.
  13. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Jmo here but I feel like if the GT brand was marketed better it would push our recruiting to the next level. Regardless of who the coach is.

Brian Johnson likes this.
  14. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Absolutely. If you make the GT brand better, it also attracts a higher tier of coaches when there's an opening.

IronJacket7 likes this.
  15. Ggee87

Ggee87 Helluva Engineer

Branding and Marketing is our weakness. I think this is why we hired Mbob as AD. I believe when I was reading up on him that this was one of his strengths at Xavier. Hope it works out, Lots of potential that is yet to be tapped into. Top 25 recruiting classes would have us on the level around top 15 or so...

16. Gtmamn61

So with the addition of recruiting slots, is this an achievable goal? Have the actual hires been made?Interesting point about our new AD. Nice to know that is a strength.

17. PowderSpringsJacket88

PowderSpringsJacket88 Helluva Engineer Retired Staff

Probably 9-10 wins every year at least. I would say we would have a one loss team every 5 or 6 years.

If we played on the other side of the ACC then probably not as good.

bat_082994 likes this.
  18. foggy

foggy Georgia Tech Fan

Cobb, I doubt you are smart enough to understand, but most (not all) of our opponents have figured out our so called O, similar to the way opponents of Neb, Tex, Ok and Tex A&M did when they played the O and soon there after they (all of them) dropped the TO. So you tell me and tell the world how with lesser talent we can be a consistent winner with this O.

19. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

Well statistically speaking we were about where we are normally rushing wise and scoring wise this past season with a slight drop in passing efficiency and yardage using a QB (no offense to Vad as I was and still am a fan of his) that didn't buy into our system. He didn't run our O the way it is meant to be run. With top 25 recruiting classes there is no way we aren't consistently a 9-10 win team. Still don't think teams have "figured out" how to stop our O (except maybe Bud Foster) we just haven't had the 1-8 type guys to run it. If we were running a pro style offense or a west coast offense we would be saying the same dang thing.

20. stylee

stylee Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Foggy; Nebraska didn't run the triple option.
    They ran a double option-centered offense based around a trap fake.

They had a package in the late 90s and early 2000s that resembled the PJ offense in formation but was still essentially a double option offense.

techman78 likes this.