If Reggie Ball Can Beat VT in Blacksburg...

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
... Phillip Wheeler, Joe Anoai, Andrew Gardner, Gary Guyton, Adamm Oliver, and Kenny Scott

It's like saying "Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer/Mark Rypien/Doug Williams won a Super Bowl, why can't Matt Ryan?"

I really miss the aggressive defense - talent, scheme, etc. - that used to take it to opponents. I HATE reactive defenses.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I don't agree with the way Lex posed his claim here as Beer is spot on with his counter about the players on that 2006 Coastal Championship team as it had so much mature talent on both sides of the ball.

But I do agree with Lex's premise that Tech could win this game up in Blacksburg.

The history though is that Tech is 1-4 in Blacksburg. That one win was also the second year in a row traveling up there and came after a total embarrassment loss 51-7 the year before. So 2006 was a big-time revenge game. A victory there Saturday would be a great statement win but a loss would not be a shock or huge disappointment.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't agree with the way Lex posed his claim here as Beer is spot on with his counter about the players on that 2006 Coastal Championship team as it had so much mature talent on both sides of the ball.

But I do agree with Lex's premise that Tech could win this game up in Blacksburg.

The history though is that Tech is 1-4 in Blacksburg. That one win was also the second year in a row traveling up there and came after a total embarrassment loss 51-7 the year before. So 2006 was a big-time revenge game. A victory there Saturday would be a great statement win but a loss would not be a shock or huge disappointment.
I want to win Saturday. But win or lose, I am almost equally as concerned about how the guys respond following the VT game when we play against Miami and Duke at home.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
How about an offense that answers just one of those scores and we win? Geez. Tenuta had three years in a row of top 30 defenses and that will NEVER happen again at Tech, and a lot of the fans from that era are too dense to realize it. It's usually the same group that blames the offense when we lose 45-35 these days.

gtwin

Georgia Tech Fan
I really miss the aggressive defense - talent, scheme, etc. - that used to take it to opponents. I HATE reactive defenses.

Yep...people hate on Tenuta having a few dud games and not adjusting, but at least GT defense was nationally respected and a force back then. He had guys on the move providing pressure every play.