IF Pastner is fired, who would be a good hire to replace him?

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
You can eviscerate me for not doing one this go around.

That said, miss me with the retreads.

Alford & Sendek & Turgeon & Mike Anderson. Holy ****.

At least he didn't list Noodles Neal.
Okay I might as well back myself up.

Alford has been good everywhere he‘s coached. Nevada is off to a 16-5 start this year. Only place that Alford was fired is UCLA and that’s because they have blue blood standards.

Sendek has won 20 games in a season at every stop of his coaching career. At NC State he consistently had a winner and took the Pack to the sweet 16.

As for Tergeron, he’s only had ONE losing season and it was back when he was coaching Jacksonville U. He’s won 471 games and only reason Maryland fired him is because he was the poor soul who had to fill Gary Williams’ shoes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I defended you .... and you're doubling down on Herb Sendek. Herb Sendek?

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

That sir .... is a bridge too far.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Okay I might as well back myself up.

Alford has been good everywhere he‘s coached. Nevada is off to a 16-5 start this year. Only place that Alford was fired is UCLA and that’s because they have blue blood standards.

Sendek has won 20 games in a season at every stop of his coaching career. At NC State he consistently had a winner and took the Pack to the sweet 16.

As for Tergeron, he’s only had ONE losing season and it was back when he was coaching Jacksonville U. He’s won 471 games and only reason Maryland fired him is because he was the poor soul who had to fill Gary Williams’ shoes.
They're all retreads who had their chance at the P5 and made their money.

You're off base on that being the reason they fired Turgeon. You don't last a decade in that scenario. He underperformed in the postseason with the best recruits that Under Armour could buy.

I know exactly what Sendek can do. I sat in the stands for that era.

Stop looking at retreads because you looked up some stats.

We're trying to not hire the next Brian Gregory or Josh Pastner again.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Beard and Marshall are not options, so stop. Beard strangled his wife? not being considered. Marshall must have done something pretty bad too.

Jonas Hayes has a losing record in his first season as a HC, so not sure why anyone would want him right, Ron Hunter looks better. Can't believe I saw Daryl LaBarrie mentioned.

Maybe Ryan Odom wants to come back to ACC? Throw a bunch of money at Dan Hurley? :unsure:

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
This would be a huge risk… but recruiting wise it could be a hit. What about Chris Bosh? The name recognition would help get good talent in, and if we can surround him with a quality staff it COULD possibly work!

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
This would be a huge risk… but recruiting wise it could be a hit. What about Chris Bosh? The name recognition would help get good talent in, and if we can surround him with a quality staff it COULD possibly work!
I don't think Bosh ever got a degree, I think that is a requirement. Id rather have Kenny Anderson if we are going former players. We need a name to recruit because when he is fired, we could have to replace the entire roster.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think Bosh ever got a degree, I think that is a requirement. Id rather have Kenny Anderson if we are going former players. We need a name to recruit because when he is fired, we could have to replace the entire roster.
Bosh looks like he is living his best life right now, he has a pile of money, wrote a book, etc. Why would we think he wants the job? Kenny Anderson is a HC right now at Fisk, I am sure he would love the opportunity, but I have no idea if he is a decent coach.

EDIT if I read this right, Kenny's record at Fisk:
2023:
4-11 (.267)3-4 (.429)
2022:
3-26 (.103)0-8 (.000)

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Bosh looks like he is living his best life right now, he has a pile of money, wrote a book, etc. Why would we think he wants the job? Kenny Anderson is a HC right now at Fisk, I am sure he would love the opportunity, but I have no idea if he is a decent coach.
IIRC, KA was to be hired as an assistant but was arrested for DUI and possession of Marijuana before he even had a chance to start working for Tech. Can someone in the know please confirm or refute?

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
Mark Price has coached for a while too, but idk if he’s been any good.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
IIRC, KA was to be hired as an assistant but was arrested for DUI and possession of Marijuana before he even had a chance to start working for Tech. Can someone in the know please confirm or refute?

I vaguely recall him saying something like that was in the works, which was part of why he took that HC job in FL, some prep or HS. Then his accident, arrest, etc. pretty much killed it.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Beard and Marshall are not options, so stop. Beard strangled his wife? not being considered. Marshall must have done something pretty bad too.

Jonas Hayes has a losing record in his first season as a HC, so not sure why anyone would want him right, Ron Hunter looks better. Can't believe I saw Daryl LaBarrie mentioned.

Maybe Ryan Odom wants to come back to ACC? Throw a bunch of money at Dan Hurley? :unsure:
If choking people is a disqualification, then Dan Hurley has to be a no go. If he hasn’t choked anyone yet, which I have a hard time believing, then it is only a matter of time. The guy is clearly a psycho. 🤣

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bosh doesn't have a degree. Jarrett Jack has his GT degree and is a current NBA assistant coach.