if justin thomas

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I will say Taquon does seem to be more decisive than JT. It's still too early to tell because the more comfortable he gets the more he may try to make something out of nothing like JT did a lot. Sometimes it's pays and sometimes it cost.

bass ackwards

Georgia Tech Fan
Please tell us when we be allowed

You can whenever you want, but imo given JT's track record, experience, and from what I could tell few faults as a QB, someone would have to be really impressive to unseat him. TM has only played 3 games, but has looked impressive so far. It's nice that we're in a position to be having these types of posts and even better knowing there is a ton of talent behind TM in waiting.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This is silly talk (which is exactly why we fans have message boards). I would say JeT would absolutely start. He is a stud and I would have loved to see him play behind this O-Line with this set of Abacks and Bbacks.

TQM is going to be a baller for us, but still misses plenty of reads (including not pitching to the wide right aback to win the game in 2OT against uTenn) and has some fumble issues as a ball carrier / during the mesh.

He is young but if you look out ahead into his development and extrapolate where he will be in a year then the conversation gets tricky.
Interested to see how durable he is able to be with all the hits he takes, something I also worried about with JeT. The other thing we need to see is how he rallies the team and leads them through adversity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
The main comparisons I can confidently make now are somewhat minor. Taquan is more elusive while JT is faster top end - both lead to big plays. Taquan gets through trash better. JT had a faster release and a bit stronger arm, I think. I can't tell if Taquan will be as accurate as JT yet, but this will be a key in determining who ends up the best. Both appear to be special, clutch players.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Imo, in that double overtime, Quon wanted to make the play, saw a crease, and trusted himself more than the system. Imo, JT made similar decisions a lot, especially in 2015. So, fwiw, I don't think it was a situation where TM was running the play correctly and misread the keys (which JT with more experience wouldn't have done.)

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
TM isn't in the same conversation as JT (right now). We've played three games against not great opposition, and we're 2-1. That's not to say that TM won't leave here as one of the greats, but the fact is, JT led us to heights we've rarely experienced as Tech fans. As to that horrible year, it was a perfect storm of things that could go bad and a nice demonstration of Murphy's Law. I don't know how anyone could fault JT for that season.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
If the bowl wins were on him then how are the losses not on him?
JT and Synjyn Days carried the team for 7 TD's in the Orange Bowl. But that's besides the point.

But more specifically, JT operated the offense better than anyone has under CPJ with the possible exception of Nesbitt. If he has nothing to operate, and the defense is giving up 29 points a game to P5 teams, the starting B-back is a grad transfer, your two starting WR's are a sophomore and true freshman, and the top two A-backs have a combined yardage of 650 yards, what would the expected outcome to be? And better yet, how was JT supposed to fix it?

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
If the bowl wins were on him then how are the losses not on him?

Did JT hurt Brad's feelings or something? It seems like you're deliberately combative about a QB that stands very high up there in GT accomplishments. Were you a tech fan before Brad Stewart? Because for us lifetime Tech fans, what we accomplished under JT was pretty awesome. We had one bad year, yes, but in retrospect that was a perfect storm of challenges that we've never faced before. But don't take my word for it, CPJ has said the same thing.

If I could choose between overstating our former SA skill, talent, and contribution or diminishing what they did, I will choose the former every time. If only because it costs me nothing but gives them the benefit of the doubt which they all deserve (Except for Reggie Ball #No5thDown /kidding kidding)

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
JT not only beat ugag twice ( which puts him in some pretty rarified air) but he took the team on his shoulders at the end of games and took the win with his arm and his legs in clutch fashion- multiple times. Lets wait to see how clutch TM is with the game on the line or when behind. I hope he is!