If GSU pulls this off - how effect GT 5-10 years

No effect, except it'll be a good chuckle when they draw 400 people to a game downtown.

GSU isn't the school to worry about. If it's anyone, it's KSU. "Real campus," not surrounded by crime and urban blight, majority female, an administration completely committed to football...

KSU is a sleeping giant. Good facilities, room to grow. And again, GIRLS. They may not be a threat that soon, but they'll overtake georgia state within 5 yrs...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
No effect, except it'll be a good chuckle when they draw 400 people to a game downtown.

GSU isn't the school to worry about. If it's anyone, it's KSU. "Real campus," not surrounded by crime and urban blight, majority female, an administration completely committed to football...

This statement is ridiculous. Do you realize you're talking about Georgia Tech?

I don't think GSU's development will harm GT directly. It's just another school in the metro area vying for athletes. GT just needs to concentrate on GT.

No I'm not. I'm talking about Georgia State, which is a much bigger school in a worse part of town without the safety precautions that GT has put in place. This school wants to acquire a large piece of property in an equally bad/worse part of town which it's current tenants are leaving due to the city's lack of commitment to economic development in the area. Georgia State wanting to acquire the Ted in the hopes of playing football there when they have no hope of overcoming the miles of bureaucracy that piece of property has been swimming in for years ought to be comedy of the highest grade.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If the Braves wanted to invest in that area they could have but they didn't and have decided to rob Cobb Co of $600 Mill for 30 years. Great for the Braves, sucks for the citizens of Cobb, but that a them issue for me.

As far as the area around the Ted and GA State. Well being that GA State is right down the street acquiring the Ted is a win for them and I'm cool with that as long as it's not just for students and staff but is truly a mixed use property. As far as the neighborhoods surrounding the Ted being high crime areas that's true but that can change fairly quickly with new development. I live downtown and it's funny for me to hear the criticism about downtown being that Summerhill has houses going for anywhere between $130 - $300 thousand http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Summerhill_Atlanta_GA/pg-2
with easy access to Grant Park the Beltline and Memorial Drive. Well stay away from the city buddy you won't be missed.
Forever I Love Atlanta.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol KSU will be a failure.

No better than the mercer bears intramural team.

KSU will never overtake GSU. GSU will overtake GA Southern if anything.

GSU is the second biggest university in the state behind UGA. They'll be way more than KSU will ever be.

David Bullard

Georgia Tech Fan

GSU is the second biggest university in the state behind UGA. They'll be way more than KSU will ever be.

KSU is growing like crazy. I graduated from there in 93' and it has grown 5-10 times the size it was then. Rapid growth in the area including dorms, businesses and areas like Lake Point Sports Complex (google it) are fueling it's expansion. I believe that KSU is in the top 5 largest schools in the state already and could very well end up overtaking GSU before its all said and done. KSU football will succeed.

GSU is a commuter school with campus spread all over the city. KSU is a school in a gorgeous part of the state that is emphasizing the on-campus experience. It won't surprise me if KSU passes GSU in as little as 3 yrs. GSU doesn't take football seriously, while KSU has already shown they're willing to do what it takes.

If the Braves wanted to invest in that area they could have but they didn't and have decided to rob Cobb Co of $600 Mill for 30 years. Great for the Braves, sucks for the citizens of Cobb, but that a them issue for me.

As far as the area around the Ted and GA State. Well being that GA State is right down the street acquiring the Ted is a win for them and I'm cool with that as long as it's not just for students and staff but is truly a mixed use property. As far as the neighborhoods surrounding the Ted being high crime areas that's true but that can change fairly quickly with new development. I live downtown and it's funny for me to hear the criticism about downtown being that Summerhill has houses going for anywhere between $130 - $300 thousand http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Summerhill_Atlanta_GA/pg-2
with easy access to Grant Park the Beltline and Memorial Drive. Well stay away from the city buddy you won't be missed.
Forever I Love Atlanta.
I love Atlanta. I live in Decatur. And why should the Braves pay for development around the city when they already provided 10's of millions of dollars of generated revenue in that area? There is nothing that could go in there that would bring in more out of town dollars than the Braves did. And they've been saying the area around the Ted is going to change since the Olympics. I'll believe that when I'm not panhandled 10+ times from the parking lot to the ballpark.

But, if GSU wants to acquire the Ted, good for them. It's probably more feasible than that asinine "middle class housing" development the Mayor spoke of...

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
GSU is a commuter school with campus spread all over the city. KSU is a school in a gorgeous part of the state that is emphasizing the on-campus experience. It won't surprise me if KSU passes GSU in as little as 3 yrs. GSU doesn't take football seriously, while KSU has already shown they're willing to do what it takes.

Lmao. Shown they are serious??? How? By doing the damn thing GSU did 4 years ago? It's not easy to make it. KSU has missed the boat. They'll always be 5th fiddle behind GT, UGA, GSU, GA Southern.

What has KSU done exactly to show "they are willing to do what it takes" that GSU didn't do or is still trying to do?

KSU is a great school for high school students from Canton, Woodstock, Cobb county high schools for continuing education. GSU meanwhile is the state's most diverse campus worldwide by numbers in the state.

Ok, clearly you're gonna believe what you want to about KSU. But they've already got an on-campus stadium and practice facility, which won't make them appear to be jokes, like when 1100 people show up to the GA Dome. Brian Bohannon brought in a great first recruiting class, and is tirelessly building bridges into the local community. GSU is a commuter school with no campus identity to speak of. Most of the people I know who went there only admit it in hushed tones. KSU is in a great position to succeed. Much better than GSU was when they started. I'm also not sure what campus diversity has to do with anything. It doesn't appear to be helping them attract football players right now, and I don't know why that would change. But yeah, keep sleeping on KSU. I just hope you know more about taxes than you appear to about in-state University happenings...

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol GSU is no longer a commuter school. Back in the 90's maybe. Clearly you haven't paid attention to how much of downtown Atlanta GSU OWNS. And it looks like it's going to keep expanding. Let's see...recruit go to bum crap KSU cow school in the burbs or go to Atlanta and play.

If you are a fan of KSU all pumped up on hype of a "still undefeated" attitude you are in for a rude awakening. Regardless of who your coach is and the owl **** kool aide they are pouring.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
The Braves DO NOT impact the city like that. Don't believe the propaganda they tried to shove the city. If the Braves had that kind impact they would have been a much greater priority. If Ted Turner was still around maybe but not this new group. GSU is Real economic impact. The mixed used proposed projects at the Ted site would have Real economic impact. Stadiums don't generate that kind of Impact. GA State will have a student body that will excede that of UGA if and when this is completed. That 40+ thousand students interacting in downtown Atlanta. That's a real win for the city.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Lol GSU is no longer a commuter school. Back in the 90's maybe. Clearly you haven't paid attention to how much of downtown Atlanta GSU OWNS. And it looks like it's going to keep expanding. Let's see...recruit go to bum crap KSU cow school in the burbs or go to Atlanta and play.

If you are a fan of KSU all pumped up on hype of a "still undefeated" attitude you are in for a rude awakening. Regardless of who your coach is and the owl **** kool aide they are pouring.

No way that guy lives in Decatur with his comments.

The Braves DO NOT impact the city like that. Don't believe the propaganda they tried to shove the city. If the Braves had that kind impact they would have been a much greater priority. If Ted Turner was still around maybe but not this new group. GSU is Real economic impact. The mixed used proposed projects at the Ted site would have Real economic impact. Stadiums don't generate that kind of Impact. GA State will have a student body that will excede that of UGA if and when this is completed. That 40+ thousand students interacting in downtown Atlanta. That's a real win for the city.
LOL. Just like every other project they've tried in that area.

And I live off Pine TRL in Atlanta. I doubt I'm much further from the Ted than you. Keep making assumptions.

According to US News and World Report, 17% of Georgia State students live on campus or school owned housing. Yeah, that's a real campus hub. And regarding KSU being a "cow college" as opposed to Georgia State, kids NEVER pick towns like Clemson or Auburn over Atlanta. I've NEVER heard of that happening. Ever.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
LOL. Just like every other project they've tried in that area.

And I live off Pine TRL in Atlanta. I doubt I'm much further from the Ted than you. Keep making assumptions.

According to US News and World Report, 17% of Georgia State students live on campus or school owned housing. Yeah, that's a real campus hub. And regarding KSU being a "cow college" as opposed to Georgia State, kids NEVER pick towns like Clemson or Auburn over Atlanta. I've NEVER heard of that happening. Ever.

Which city Atlanta or Decatur ?? You've just claimed both.