If Collins is new HC, how many games in before...

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
he surpasses the total number of passes that GT has thrown in the past decade? I think this will be something that the commentators pick up on will discuss through the first few games until the number is surpassed. Or at least I think they will talk about how much more GT's new offense is passing just because we have done it so rarely.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
he surpasses the total number of passes that GT has thrown in the past decade? I think this will be something that the commentators pick up on will discuss through the first few games until the number is surpassed. Or at least I think they will talk about how much more GT's new offense is passing just because we have done it so rarely.

It's not the number of passes ... it's the number of completions. I'd be happy with the 120 or so attempts if the completion rate were higher.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Im excited about the narrative for 3 years being about how weve thrown more in six games than we have in six years. But hey at least its not: This offense isn't built for 3rd and long, this offense isn't ment to come from behind, this offense chop blocks every play

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think you guys are going to be surprised. Temples offense has a lot of option in it. They threw a lot because they were behind. Expect us to look more like Georgia Southern right now. Which mixes option concepts with air raid passing instead of run and shoot. Collins isn't stupid he's going to tailor the offense to the players.
Good point. Our hope is when a really good ATLANTA hs QB AND RECEIVER come on their own watch some games , they will self recruit. Then look out .

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Im excited about the narrative for 3 years being about how weve thrown more in six games than we have in six years. But hey at least its not: This offense isn't built for 3rd and long, this offense isn't ment to come from behind, this offense chop blocks every play
As much as I enjoyed watching our offense these 11 years, I can't stand the "narrative" around it and how it's the only thing people talk about with our team. It was just way too easy/convenient for commentators to focus on it and ignore just about everything else going on with our team.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Not always a bad idea when you have a good D. And Harvin
Good D......?????

Wait, what does that *mean*? I am not sure what "good D" means...we haven't done that at GT for....a long time! (No disrespect to our current D coaches or players, ALL of whom I think have tremendous potential to get better and become a great D...I just couldn't resist the obvious)

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
As much as I enjoyed watching our offense these 11 years, I can't stand the "narrative" around it and how it's the only thing people talk about with our team. It was just way too easy/convenient for commentators to focus on it and ignore just about everything else going on with our team.

Agree.

Part of me wants to use all of those narratives against the new offense. Fail to convert a 3-and-long? We need a new offense, this one doesn't work on 3-and-long either! Lose a game when trailing the 4th quarter? We need a new offense, this one can't win from behind either! Have a mediocre recruiting class? We need a new offense, recruits don't want to play in this one either!

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
1683130969185.png
Collins teams did not surpass the amount of passing that was done from 2008-2018.
(decimal numbers are from scaling the covid year to from 10 games to 12).