Idea for team this spring

JacketFanNWFL

Georgia Tech Fan
Have an idea for CPJ and the team this spring. Why don't they take a trip to Annapolis and spend a week or two with the Navy squad? Kids (and maybe coaches ) could learn some real discipline and fundamentals from a team who is very good at both.

What do you think?

JacketFanNWFL

Georgia Tech Fan
Btw, I am a long time GT fan since Tony Dorsett ran all over us in 1976. Grew up in Atlanta and was raised a GT fan. Sold cokes at football and bball games. Saw GT beat the mutts at Sanford stadium while a student there and sat in Ga. Student section cheering on Dewberry and the Jackets. I do a radio morning show at an Adult contemporary station in Panama City and I am not shy about showing my passion for GT on the air. Go Jackets!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Not sure if this idea is even possible. I've never heard of a team visiting another team. Of course, I've heard of a coaching staff visiting other coaches to see how they do things but CPJ has been a coach at Navy and already knows how they do things. In fact, I bet CKN does a lot of things the same way that CPJ used to do it.

Matt E

GT Athlete
Who has the best, most physical, most fundamentally sound O-Line in the country? If our coaches spend any time on another campus, it should be the school that fits this description.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Nice thought but one doesn't learn responsibility and discipline on a single road trip. Think it smacks of saying our kids are incapable in this department and I disagree. I also think it would be a slap in the face sorta anyway.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I wonder does Johnson ever show them Navy game footage? Or does the guys ever watch any Navy games if they ain't playing? I've yet to see Tech run this offense in such a fluid matter that Navy does. The Syracuse game was pretty good I must say.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
PJ needs to visit Rich Rod. His blocking schemes are most similar to PJ's, although he runs a good bit of zone read in addition.

The only thing holding Rich Rod back from being an elite coach is his weird obsession with running a 3-3-5 defense.

Who has the best, most physical, most fundamentally sound O-Line in the country? If our coaches spend any time on another campus, it should be the school that fits this description.

Probably STANFORD, but that wouldn't apply to us since they have more majors, our coaches would have to find a FB program where all the players take Calculus before we can use their help.

I would have said Bama before OU "pants" them in the Sugar Bowl.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Another idea--
line up ALL LBs and +200lb players and see who is fastest over 10 yds--making him the designated pass rusher on 3rd and passing downs.Just beat the OT around the edge.Lord knows,we are going need SOMEONE.