I will email this thread to Todd stansbury. Comment below your thoughts, frustration, and grief about tech football so he can know how we feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketFan137

Banned
we suck. you know it. do the right thing and pay a real coach more than 3 mil a year so we can field a competitive team.

don’t listen to the people demanding the return of the option, don’t hire an unproven guy. get a serious coach who is a winner, will bring in athletes, and play exciting football.

scared money doesn’t make money. pay a real salary

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fire Geoff. Fire Brent. Fire Andrew. Quit. Pack your ****. Leave.

You actually did start the fire. We’ll tell Billy Joel. Go and never come back.

• Haha
Reactions: CEB

NonAlumFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Not sure what you're supposed to do in a pay to win league, your straddled with 14 MM a year in debt payments, and your alumni don't need your football team to win championships to boost their egos. But a 7 year contract was a bad idea. You're going to be fishing through the coaching bargain bin for years. Don't tie yourself to any one for too long.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
TS - you’re thrashing the football program. We are held in very low esteem nationally. Guess you should have established a sinking fund equal to the payout.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Waste of time. The current AD doesn't know how to work a computer or smart device.

"I've got MY MAN!"

The current AD bought his ticket, and now he has to take the ride. He cannot be the one to hire the next coach, and the current coach has a $3.3 million windfall profit incentive to be a gross embarrassment and suck so bad that it forces the current AD's hand to accelerate his firing to before the end of this football year and fully guarantee the remaining $10.5 million on the contract rather than the decrease when the guarantee expires after this season ends and the $7.2 million buyout kicks in.

The current coach is going to force the early firing and laugh all the way to the bank with the extra $3.3 million of Tech's money. If you read his mind, all you hear is - "Suckers!"

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Waste of time. The current AD doesn't know how to work a computer or smart device.

"I've got MY MAN!"

The current AD bought his ticket, and now he has to take the ride. He cannot be the one to hire the next coach, and the current coach has a $3.3 million windfall profit incentive to be a gross embarrassment and suck so bad that it forces the current AD's hand to accelerate his firing to before the end of this football year and fully guarantee the remaining $10.5 million on the contract rather than the decrease when the guarantee expires after this season ends and the $7.2 million buyout kicks in.

☝🏽 this

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I don’t care what happens to Collins, just, for the love of god, don’t hire Jeff Monken
Too late, probably. But think what some of you would be complaining about if Moncken had gotten the job. "We still only win 7 - 8 games a year!" "We'll never win an MNC with the spread option!" "We keep going to second rate bowls!" "Our recruiting could be so much better!" "We only beat Ugag once in the last three years!" "We don't get many players into the pros!"

Sorry, Charlie. I'd much rather listen to some fans we know complaining about things like that than about being openly mocked on national tv. Or looking like we did today.

JacketFan137

Banned
Too late, probably. But think what some of you would be complaining about if Moncken had gotten the job. "We still only win 7 - 8 games a year!" "We'll never win an MNC with the spread option!" "We keep going to second rate bowls!" "Our recruiting could be so much better!" "We only beat Ugag once in the last three years!" "We don't get many players into the pros!"

Sorry, Charlie. I'd much rather be complaining about things like that than about being openly mocked on national tv. Or looking like we did today.
you’re just assuming monken can do that lol

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Monken isn’t married to the spread option. He was a finalist for USC and he had said he wouldn’t bring the option with him. He runs it because that’s the only way to win at a service academy. He has an OC that calls the plays, he doesn’t run the offense there.

Status
Not open for further replies.