I love our OL!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
One great thing about our offense is that we get to really appreciate offensive line play. And who better to appreciate than our OL ?

It all starts with mentality. Parker and Will are the mold that we will build the rest of our Oline around. Those guys just love to hit people. Every down is another chance to rub somebodies face in the dirt. I just love that. Can't wait to see them do it with more skill this year and the rest of the guys following in their footsteps.

The big uglies never get enough credit but they sure get plenty of blame when they screw up. I just wanted to create a thread dedicated to those guys. The unsung heroes.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
When a CPJ line is going, it is think of beauty for any football fan. I'm excited about this year unit with Cooper, Devine, Lee, Braun, Bryan, Marshall, Tufele

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of incoming freshman like Hansen, I can't wait to hear which of them are standing out after camp gets started. Hope their are several surprises and the Swillings are as good as everyone hopes.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
One great thing about our offense is that we get to really appreciate offensive line play. And who better to appreciate than our OL ?

It all starts with mentality. Parker and Will are the mold that we will build the rest of our Oline around. Those guys just love to hit people. Every down is another chance to rub somebodies face in the dirt. I just love that. Can't wait to see them do it with more skill this year and the rest of the guys following in their footsteps.

The big uglies never get enough credit but they sure get plenty of blame when they screw up. I just wanted to create a thread dedicated to those guys. The unsung heroes.

I think it will be the best in the Johnson era. We will see. We have a lot riding on the line because of the need to protect MJ from having to win games by himself and the need to control the clock. If they can block for Mills, it will make life easier for everyone else, the opposing defense excepted, of course.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

"Big Uglies"? My wife thinks that Parker is kind of cute. Just passing that along for your information. Just remember, that she is 62!

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I think it has the potential to be the best line Johnson has ever had. I also think it has the potential to be the best running back corps Johnson has ever had.

What's wild is that next year, 8 or 9 starters will return AGAIN, and you'll have 4 OL, 1 BB, 2 AB's and 1 WR with 3 years experience starting together.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Ditto to all above.

Before Will the ol didnt seem ferocious.

Before Parker the ol did not pop up after a cut block

Following them we are mobile and hostile.

Dont forget 59 60 Morgan Morgan. They are prototype for guard center and have 2 years in system so i hope w can red shirt the new guys. We need depth at tackle but i trust coach to work it out w the 2 ol coaches. These 3 coaches found and developed true freshmen lee and Cooper!

By the duke game ( with just average luck ) we will be hearing commentators say the gt ol are like grown men playing against boys. I dont know why but i really want to "crush" duke. Flush the dukie

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Go back and watch them. They were a phalanx. This line might be more talented, but they have to show they play together as well as that last bunch did...

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2014 Orange Bowl had a OL that truly was a phalanx. All the parts worked very well. Shaq must have been one heck of a leader or some of the players may have lost heart in 2015.

I like what I see. The one big question I have is Lee. He is a beast, but I cant wait to see him get the system down. Even when he hit the wrong people, he help make the play work.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
2014 Orange Bowl had a OL that truly was a phalanx. All the parts worked very well. Shaq must have been one heck of a leader or some of the players may have lost heart in 2015.

I like what I see. The one big question I have is Lee. He is a beast, but I cant wait to see him get the system down. Even when he hit the wrong people, he help make the play work.
Lee is a missile. He's so damn athletic; that he's able to engage in space and it has to be a nightmare for a SS or MLB to see a guy that size, moving like he does, heading for your thighs.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck

They shoved u(sic)ga around pretty good, too...

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
What was so great about end of 2014 against Mutts and missy state was the drive blocking. Our OL was driving the D back 2 and 3 yards.

This thread is about loving the unsung, easy to blame guys, in the trenches but I also love our runners and receivers that turn the 3-5 yard gains into 10 to 30 yards with their ability and desire to block for their fellow backs. This is a fun group to watch and to love because we have a team with great character.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Lee is a stud.
Yep, he is. Funny thing is that I recall a lot of smaller schools recruiting him to play defensive tackle because of his speed. I am trying to remember, but it seems that we recruited him because we thought he would be a smaller, fast, and athletic offensive tackle that we prefer for our offense. Maybe I am wrong about that and we switched him later to offense after recruiting him for defense. All I know is that he comes off that ball like he is shot out of a cannon.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

He will "get the system down" you wait and see. He and Marshall are the most athletic tackles we have ever had. IMHO