I Like What I See.....

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've been watching Georgia Tech football for 59 years and I like what I see right now. I loved CPJ football. I thought his teams were the most fun to watch, probably because he was an old school coach and I'm old and it was familiar. I had season tickets last year and went to all the games. I had no expectations, I've found it's better that way when there's a coaching change (i.e. Bill Curry and Bobby Ross). But, last year was lousy as far as win/loss, but I saw improvement over the season. I see Coach Collins vastly improving the recruiting and I already see the impact of that. Coach Collins marketing methodology (money down, ATL, 404, Waffle House) was a little weird to me. Well, maybe not Waffle House, but like I said I'm old. The game has changed, the world has changed, it's 2020 and weird things are happening this year. LSU got beat by Missouri yesterday and Alabama could not stop Alabama, and Georgia still thinks they will win a national championship this. So take the advice of an old man....sit back, relax. and encourage the coaches and players. It will pay dividends, maybe not this year, but soon, very soon. :buzz::buzz:

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I've been watching Georgia Tech football for 59 years and I like what I see right now. I loved CPJ football. I thought his teams were the most fun to watch, probably because he was an old school coach and I'm old and it was familiar. I had season tickets last year and went to all the games. I had no expectations, I've found it's better that way when there's a coaching change (i.e. Bill Curry and Bobby Ross). But, last year was lousy as far as win/loss, but I saw improvement over the season. I see Coach Collins vastly improving the recruiting and I already see the impact of that. Coach Collins marketing methodology (money down, ATL, 404, Waffle House) was a little weird to me. Well, maybe not Waffle House, but like I said I'm old. The game has changed, the world has changed, it's 2020 and weird things are happening this year. LSU got beat by Missouri yesterday and Alabama could not stop Alabama, and Georgia still thinks they will win a national championship this. So take the advice of an old man....sit back, relax. and encourage the coaches and players. It will pay dividends, maybe not this year, but soon, very soon. :buzz::buzz:
Post of the year!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
CGC is still playing for today, from his post game press conference Friday night:

“The biggest thing last year is we wanted to improve week to week, and we did that, won some games down the stretch, played some other really good teams really, really close, and then we’ve gotten better this year,” Collins said. “We’ve played some good ball, we’ve turned the ball over, had some unfortunate unforced errors that we learned from. But this group, and I told them, has a chance to be really good in the present. I don’t think we have to talk in future tense. The way they went to work the last two weeks, the process they’ve applied that they’ve learned the last 18 months, they’ve embraced it, and it paid off for them. I’m so proud of them.”

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

GIFs-2020101223024.gif