I like this quote from Mike Pelton

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
AJC - http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2014/12/18/5-tech-bowl-practice-notes/

"You’re thankful that you work at a great university like this, and that’s not cliché talk. That’s just something you’re thankful for, the opportunity you can continue to coach the guys that you love, and it’s just a great feeling to be here at Georgia Tech right now.”

A great quote from Pelton about the defensive line depth and his foursome of scholarship defensive tackles, Patrick Gamble, Adam Gotsis, Shawn Green and Francis Kallon.

“To make it through a season with four scholarship ‘d’ tackles and to win the games we did, it was nothing short of a miracle,” he said

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Aside from the one game injury to Green, they remained healthy for the year. This was the key to this being a miracle.

Eric, this may have gotten lost in the other questions but do you have any insight on Rod Chungong? He was in the rotation earlier in the year them seemed to get spot duty afterwards. He was part of the group from MD schools and if his status could impact future recruiting in that area, especially since at least two other players left the program.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pelton is definitely one of the assistants we need to "keep happy". Have been impressed with his coaching since I saw him get after our boys in the 2013 spring scrimmages. From what I gather he's one of our best recruiters as well.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
it is a pretty solid staff right now. A good mix. Sewak got help on the line and is recruiting. McCollum is a good recruiter and the LB play has been ok, not bad, actually it improved alot over the year. Owens is a good recruiter and actually i think is starting to coach much better. His unit is performing very good. And Cook is very valuable. I think Cook may be a guy, less talked about, but a real key to this staff.

I hope they can stay together for 4 years....I think you really will see continuity. I also hope next year we can pull together a 9 win season or 10, again....back to back years...is HUGE for this program.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Add Joe Speed to the list of good recruiters, and give credit to Joe Ham. and the "office of recruiting ops.".

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I hope we can say these things about these coaches after we've broken in JT's replacement in a couple of years. JT has meant wonders to this year's success.

No snarkiness intended.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Pelton is definitely one of the assistants we need to "keep happy". Have been impressed with his coaching since I saw him get after our boys in the 2013 spring scrimmages. From what I gather he's one of our best recruiters as well.

notice the last words in that quote--"right now" ,hmmmmm

slugboy

Staff member
I think you're taking that out of context.

I like living on Planet Earth right now.
I like being able to breathe right now.
I love being with my friends and family right now.

Nothing wrong with "right now" in a sentence.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Add Joe Speed to the list of good recruiters, and give credit to Joe Ham. and the "office of recruiting ops.".
Coach Speed will be a great one before it's over. He just has a presence, and I saw it the very first signing day at the edge. He will sell a lot of parents to the value of going the tougher route, instead of the path of least resistance.
I can't speak to his coaching skills, but he has one of the more interesting resumes I've seen from a football coach. Proud to have him at Tech.
http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/joe_speed_607205.html

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric, this may have gotten lost in the other questions but do you have any insight on Rod Chungong? He was in the rotation earlier in the year them seemed to get spot duty afterwards. He was part of the group from MD schools and if his status could impact future recruiting in that area, especially since at least two other players left the program.

Saturday Chat at 20:54 - Eric: @GTHomer others just beat him out in practice

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I think 'right now' refers to how awesome things are going for us right now. Pelton is here because he wants to be here and, right now, he seems pretty happy about it and I'm good with that.

We've had great coaches on our staff who weren't always on board with the way things are at Georgia Tech. To have a staff this talented and this happy to be here... this is a very, very good thing.

AJC - http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2014/12/18/5-tech-bowl-practice-notes/

"You’re thankful that you work at a great university like this, and that’s not cliché talk. That’s just something you’re thankful for, the opportunity you can continue to coach the guys that you love, and it’s just a great feeling to be here at Georgia Tech right now.”

A great quote from Pelton about the defensive line depth and his foursome of scholarship defensive tackles, Patrick Gamble, Adam Gotsis, Shawn Green and Francis Kallon.

“To make it through a season with four scholarship ‘d’ tackles and to win the games we did, it was nothing short of a miracle,” he said
Winning against Georgia, Clemson, Miami and Virginia Tech is just awesome. I might not happen again in our lifetime. Win the Orange Bowl !!!!!