I know what team y’all like...

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Classic rock on vinyl; occasional jazz and classical.

I don't go to concerts because my audio system sounds better than any concert. None of that compressed recording crap on low-fi playback that most people listen to these days.
You wouldn’t have to say that if you went to a real concert that didn’t play some of that low-fi playback crap ;)

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I mainly listen to funk/soul and jazz. Snarky Puppy, Robert Glasper Experiment, Kamasi Washington, James Brown, Sharon Jones, Chris Potter and of course John Coltrane.
My favorite concert venues in Atlanta are: Variety Playhouse, Terminal West, and The Tabernacle.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
Rush and Green Day are the main ones on my playlist. Saw Green Day live twice and they put on an incredible show. Had two opportunities to see Rush and passed. I’ve been kicking myself for that one....

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Rush and Green Day are the main ones on my playlist. Saw Green Day live twice and they put on an incredible show. Had two opportunities to see Rush and passed. I’ve been kicking myself for that one....
You missed a good opportunity to pick up 1 of 5 women.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Radiohead, Calexico, Doobie Brothers (pre michael mcdonald), John Denver, Floyd, Uncle Tupelo, and recently (embarassing), the whole Outrun/Synthwave scene.

(and yes, Tool and King Crimson are amazing, too)

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Radiohead, Calexico, Doobie Brothers (pre michael mcdonald), John Denver, Floyd, Uncle Tupelo, and recently (embarassing), the whole Outrun/Synthwave scene.

(and yes, Tool and King Crimson are amazing, too)
Right on. I can jam to some of those. I feel like if you like Floyd then you gotta like Tool. They’re similar, not really in sound but how they create their sound. Very layered. Trippy.

When I saw Incubus last summer they played I Wish You Were Here followed by Floyd’s Wish You Were Here. It’s was unexpected and nice to hear. Definitely recommend seeing Incubus if you ever get the chance. I don’t know if you’re into them. They put on probably the best concert I’ve seen as far as quality sound. They effing crushed it dude. I’m biased tho lol

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Right on. I can jam to some of those. I feel like if you like Floyd then you gotta like Tool. They’re similar, not really in sound but how they create their sound. Very layered. Trippy.

When I saw Incubus last summer they played I Wish You Were Here followed by Floyd’s Wish You Were Here. It’s was unexpected and nice to hear. Definitely recommend seeing Incubus if you ever get the chance. I don’t know if you’re into them. They put on probably the best concert I’ve seen as far as quality sound. They effing crushed it dude. I’m biased tho lol
LOL, Man, Incubus got an unfair shake from me.

In college, there was this girl who was into me that was SUPER into Incubus, and she was ultra weird and wouldn't take the hint that I wasn't interested, so they were always associated with her in my head, and so I never liked them.

Like, they might be a great band, but every time I hear their music, my brain goes straight to that chick and me having to be like "no...seriously, I don't even want to just sleep with you" and it being al super weird and awkward because she was like friends with lots of my friends.

And agreed 100% re Floyd and Tool. Tools heavier and groovier, but both are lush soundscapes, very produced. Again a different sound, but the same sort of thing, to me, are like The Moody Blues and the whole Bristol/Triphop scene (Massive Attack and Tricky and Portishead and such).

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
LOL, Man, Incubus got an unfair shake from me.

In college, there was this girl who was into me that was SUPER into Incubus, and she was ultra weird and wouldn't take the hint that I wasn't interested, so they were always associated with her in my head, and so I never liked them.

Like, they might be a great band, but every time I hear their music, my brain goes straight to that chick and me having to be like "no...seriously, I don't even want to just sleep with you" and it being al super weird and awkward because she was like friends with lots of my friends.

And agreed 100% re Floyd and Tool. Tools heavier and groovier, but both are lush soundscapes, very produced. Again a different sound, but the same sort of thing, to me, are like The Moody Blues and the whole Bristol/Triphop scene (Massive Attack and Tricky and Portishead and such).

Haha that is fair enough. I probably wouldn’t care for them either if that were the case. Maybe if you saw them live it would be different. Tool is definitely next on the bucket list. I hear nothin but A+ reports from friends and family that have had the honor of seeing them live.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Haha that is fair enough. I probably wouldn’t care for them either if that were the case. Maybe if you saw them live it would be different. Tool is definitely next on the bucket list. I hear nothin but A+ reports from friends and family that have had the honor of seeing them live.

I hate to break it to you, but when your friends and family are talking about "Tool," they're talking about you ... EEEEEeeeyyyyyoooooo!

... on the bright side, only A+ reports

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
You'll laugh, but I've been to a fair amount of concerts, and the best live show I ever saw was Hall and Oates. Maybe it was because I went in with low expectations, or maybe it was because you just don't realize how many Hall and Oates songs you sorta know until they play them back to back to back to back to back, but I had a FANTASTIC time at that show.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You'll laugh, but I've been to a fair amount of concerts, and the best live show I ever saw was Hall and Oates. Maybe it was because I went in with low expectations, or maybe it was because you just don't realize how many Hall and Oates songs you sorta know until they play them back to back to back to back to back, but I had a FANTASTIC time at that show.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You're right. I can't stop laughing. I needed that.