I know what team y’all like...

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
but what music are y’all into? I know a poll on here said most of us are in their 20s, if I recall correctly. I apply to that.

I grew up a 90s baby, and grew up with a brother that played drums, and I took it up as well. So I’m inevitably into rock music.

I’m into the following:
Incubus. Foo Fighters. Tool. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Nirvana. Just to name a few.

I’m in Augusta so I try to get to concerts in ATL as much as possible. I saw Foo Fighters back in April. And Incubus last summer. Anyone go to concerts around that area? What are y’all into?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
but what music are y’all into? I know a poll on here said most of us are in their 20s, if I recall correctly. I apply to that.

I grew up a 90s baby, and grew up with a brother that played drums, and I took it up as well. So I’m inevitably into rock music.

I’m into the following:
Incubus. Foo Fighters. Tool. Red Hot Chili Peppers. Nirvana. Just to name a few.

I’m in Augusta so I try to get to concerts in ATL as much as possible. I saw Foo Fighters back in April. And Incubus last summer. Anyone go to concerts around that area? What are y’all into?
I like classic country music and 1970s-1980s rock and pop music;)

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My Sirius channels are 40s Junction(for me), 60s on 6 (mostly for my husband but I like 1967-1969), Willie's Roadhouse, Garth Channel, Elvis Radio, Classic Vinyl, Bluegrass Junction.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The Foo Fighters show in April was great. Next show for me is Lenny Kravitz in September the Friday before the Clemson game.
Dude Foo was amazing. My brother bought my ticket for my birthday. We were about 10 rows back. Dave Grohl was about 15 feet from me when he went on the catwalk. And yes, I fanboy’d out lol.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Hip hop/Rap. But 90’s hip hop/Rap.
Now days the music is 90% talentless trash. No effort, minimal skill. Just a good beat.
Agreed. I can get into some rap, but I went through a phase where that’s all I listened to. I just got burned out on it. I am a fan of J Cole though.

martinezjacket

Georgia Tech Fan

I’m into the following:

Augusta is a concert wasteland unless you are a country fan, its either drive to ATL or Charlotte for the rest of us. The lack of an alternative/hard rock radio station in Augusta hurts with promotions here. We might get a decent concert in Columbia every once in a while. Last show for me was Our Lady Peace, Tonic, and Collective Soul in Charleston. I listen to XM mostly... Alt Nation, Lithium, 1st Wave, PJ Radio, Turbo, Spectrum, PopRocks and Fly (90s-00s Hip Hop).

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Augusta is a concert wasteland unless you are a country fan, its either drive to ATL or Charlotte for the rest of us. The lack of an alternative/hard rock radio station in Augusta hurts with promotions here. We might get a decent concert in Columbia every once in a while. Last show for me was Our Lady Peace, Tonic, and Collective Soul in Charleston. I listen to XM mostly... Alt Nation, Lithium, 1st Wave, PJ Radio, Turbo, Spectrum, PopRocks and Fly (90s-00s Hip Hop).
Yeah Augusta’s music scene is a joke. I happily drive to ATL for shows. I have family that lives there and family that lives an hour away. So I usually have a place to stay if need be.

But hey, there’s always Lady Antebellum Ampitheater lol

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I mostly listen to The River in the Atl. But the family has been on a big “Hamilton” kick and listening to the songs from that play a ton. Actually several tons. My eldest daughter can sing most of the songs from memory.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm older, but I like Foo Fighters, Indie music, blue grass, anything from the 60s to present. Not much into country music or R&B, but will listen. Won't listen to long cry baby songs or hard core rap stuff.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I saw the Foos in Nashville this year too. A buddy had a ticket so I went. I like them but not overly a huge fan but they put on one hell of a show. Really good.

My tastes are pretty damn wide across tons of genres and decades so I can usually carry on a music conversation with anyone. Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Classic Country (Waylon Jenning/Townes Van Zant), some newer Red Dirt Country, Americana...

My 3 favorite bands are probably Iron Maiden, Dire Straits, and Thin Lizzy. Favorite newer band is probably Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit (I've seen them 4 times over the last year and will again in October).

Concerts I've been to this year:
Ghost
Foo Fighters w/ The Struts
Jason Isbell & The 400 Units w/ Richard Thompson
Sarah Shook & The Destroyers

I'd go to more but I have 2 toddlers.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I saw the Foos in Nashville this year too. A buddy had a ticket so I went. I like them but not overly a huge fan but they put on one hell of a show. Really good.

My tastes are pretty damn wide across tons of genres and decades so I can usually carry on a music conversation with anyone. Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Metal, Classic Country (Waylon Jenning/Townes Van Zant), some newer Red Dirt Country, Americana...

My 3 favorite bands are probably Iron Maiden, Dire Straits, and Thin Lizzy. Favorite newer band is probably Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit (I've seen them 4 times over the last year and will again in October).

Concerts I've been to this year:
Ghost
Foo Fighters w/ The Struts
Jason Isbell & The 400 Units w/ Richard Thompson
Sarah Shook & The Destroyers

I'd go to more but I have 2 toddlers.

That’s awesome. I have two kids too. So getting away is difficult but I go to as many concerts as possible.

Btw...Taylor Hawkins is a beast on drums